CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

removing auto trans DIY

MY wife's 07 CTS went out of warranty Sept. this year. Since then I've had the rear end slip differential clutches replaced, and now am faced with auto trans problems. Trans problem started with trans fluid and coolant mixing in radiator. Had a shop replace radiator,and thermostat, flush coolant system and flush trans. Intermittent problems: sometimes runs OK, other times will not shift past 2nd, sometimes cannot remove key, sometimes brakes hard and can feel clicking in shift handle when applying brakes. Rechecked trans fluid and they did not flush all coolant from trans. Took it back and they again flushed trans. Same problems. Now it's at the caddy dealer being checked out. I fear a large est. I am considering removing trans and replacing with low mileage trans if repair est. is too high. Can trans be pulled from rear of engine as in older cars or will sub frame have to be lowered,engine supported and then pull trans?

Thanks for any help

fixitplease

MY wife's 07 CTS went out of warranty Sept. this year. Since then I've had the rear end slip differential clutches replaced, and now am faced with auto trans problems. Trans problem started with trans fluid and coolant mixing in radiator. Had a shop replace radiator,and thermostat, flush coolant system and flush trans. Intermittent problems: sometimes runs OK, other times will not shift past 2nd, sometimes cannot remove key, sometimes brakes hard and can feel clicking in shift handle when applying brakes. Rechecked trans fluid and they did not flush all coolant from trans. Took it back and they again flushed trans. Same problems. Now it's at the caddy dealer being checked out. I fear a large est. I am considering removing trans and replacing with low mileage trans if repair est. is too high. Can trans be pulled from rear of engine as in older cars or will sub frame have to be lowered,engine supported and then pull trans?

Thanks for any help

fixitplease

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing with the transmission. Glad to hear the vehicle is at a Cadillac dealership. Please keep us posted on any information from the dealer.

Thank you,

Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

Archived