CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replacing Stock bose Head unit with Pioneer

Ok the time has come. The Bose NAV in my 2004 Escalade EXT has bit the dust. None of the buttons work any longer, and its the second time around. Add to that the system is antiquated by todays standards, so I have decided to go with the top of the line Pioneer Avic z130BT.

Question is, is this going to be more trouble than its worth by messing with some functions in the ECM or BDM. I got all the possible harnesses to keep onstar, Bose Amp, speakers and steering controls. The in dash 6 CD changer will no longer work, but with a 32 GB SD slot in head unit, i can store and entire juke box, so who cares.

What I have NOT seen is a harness or way to wire things up so the rear seat audio controls will work. I'm not talking about the rear DVD AV system, but the audio controls on the back of the center console that plays thru the headphones for rear seat passengers listening to a separate audio source than the front seat passengers. This seems to be bridged to the back of the Bose but the adapter I have does not have onputs for the rear.

Any advice regarding the rear AV or regarding the possibility of messing up the ECM or BDM once the bose is removed.

Archived