CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Service Air Bag Warning for 2008 Cadillac CTS

The Service Air Bag warning displayed during a recent trip taken by my wife and myself. The car had been sitting for three hours and we both got in and the Service Air Bag was displayed in the DIC. Since we were over two hundred miles from home, we decided to try different remedies in an attempt to eliminate the warning. We tried pulling on our seat belts, getting in and out of the car together and one at a time, moving the seats back and forth and turning the car off and on each time. One time the warning went out when my wife left the passenger seat and I pulled her seat belt, but it shortly came back on. Next, I got out of my seat and moved the seat and pulled on the seat belt and then got back in and finally after turning the car on this time the light went out again. We were able to drive the 200 miles home with no warning light. After all this, we still don't know whether it was the passenger side or the drivers side or something else that offered this temporary cure. Since the dealer said that the airbag would not properly inflate while this warning was on...this is of great concern.

All of this is after two trips to the dealer where the problem couldn't be replicated and no computer codes could be found. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Archived