CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Symptons are hard to describe,start in the a.m are different..starts great,other times seem to be rough. Block test done,no trace of gases.The 94 STS runs great!

look1-1-1.jpg

FPR itself does not throw a code, but symptoms caused by it can cause a code. Also A bad FPR can mislead you inot other unnecessary repairs. Pull the vacumn line off the regulator, wet Replace it, dry ok

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Isn't the FPR inside the intake on the 94? There is no vacuum hose and intake pressure acts directly on the regulator

I would think a bad FPR inside the intake would be harder to test

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Ya, that's for sure BBF, I'll just get one and put it in. They are inside the intake.Absolutely no vac lines to be had. A bad FPR might be more noticeable on a hot start, wouldn't it?

look1-1-1.jpg

I had a bad one once on my 99 STS, took forever to start when cold and easy when warm. Maybe it was the other way around cant remember its been awhile lol

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

I would say A bad FPR usually messes up on cold start, the fuel pressure leaks down and has to go somewhere. Once it is warm and run it is good till it sits for awhile again

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

A leaky FPR will cause a hard hot start. It will usually not affect a cold start as it just richens the mixture much like a choke on a cold start.

It's easy to test. Just pull the maifold cover and turn the key on to energize the fuel pump and pressurize the system (DO NOT crank the motor.) If the FPR diaphragm is bad you'll see fuel leaking from the nipple. If there is no fuel present, don't waste your money replacing it.

easy on the northstar ones. On my 96 fleetwood they are totally different, I had a bad one drawing down my gas mileage 20% and didnt affect starting at all. Was hard to chase that problem down.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Archived