CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AC Question (like I need AC right now!)

stsjoe

Good Morning everybody, got the low ref. warning ac comp. shut off just wanted to put some R134 in so the compressor will cycle on in the morning to warm the car up and the question is do you put it in at the fitting next to the over flow for the cooling system or the one by the master cylinder?

Thanks in advance

Joe (96 STS)

Refrigerant is added to the low side port which is on the accumulator (large aluminum can) next to the coolant surge tank.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You will also have to jump out the 2 wire connector that goes to the low pressure sensor. Unplug the small harness and use a paperclip to jump the 2 female sockets. - Otherwise you cant get the compressor clutch to engauge and suck in the R134.

Simply hook up the refrigerant, burp the air from the hose, and then clear the low refrigerant code. When the engine is started and the A/C is turned on, the system will pull in the refrigerant before the code sets.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

UPDATE: went and got a can of r134 ( the guy at the parts counter thought I'd lost my mind :) ) went down to the shed to get the hose with the fitting ( found 2 CANS of r134.. go figure :angry: ) cleared the codes and she took the can and compressor is running will report back latter, Thanks Again Guys

Joe

Archived