CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Meguiar’s NXT wax>

JIMDTS

I have been using Meguiar’s gold class wax and it just don't last long.Maybe 2 months tops,if that. Well I wheeled the car out with Meguiar’s show car glaze then waxed it with gold class.It looks real nice but in the morning I am going to go over the car with the NXT wax.I was going to use the medallion wax but can't find it locally. I'll let you know the results. I'm getting the car ready for the upcomming Michigan winters..I have also been using the Meguir's car wash soap and that even takes the gold class off the stuff just don't last long..You go through all the work of wheeling hand polishing etc. only to have a wax that just don't cut it but it sure has a nice gloss I hope the NXT does the trick..

Cheers

Jim

NXT lasts much longer but doesn't shine as much.. the gold class is really only for show stuff and I can deal with an unnoticable to the regular person difference in shine that the NXT gives while it lasts a few months hehe

Gold class is outdated, hard to apply and hard to remove...NXT on the other hand is the opposite. Easy application easy removal, durability is excellent but the shine just doesn’t do it for me. Another thing with NXT is that you cant layer it, which means if you want to slap another coat on the finish, all it does is remove the existing coat and replaces it with the new...won’t see a difference at all

Best wax on the market IMO is S100. If you have a Harley Davidson store near you, ask for S100 carnauba wax. if you don’t think it’s the best thing you’ve ever used, then I will but the Jar from you FULL PRICE……$15 lol

But seriously try the stuff. BTW Always prep your cars finish before applying a final stage wax...

I have recently switched from Gold Class to NXT....and over the years have used many of those Detailers secret waxes/sealants....and I must say I do like the NXT.....the white on the caddy stands out WAY more than gold class could do it and it has a much nicer cream look to it now....I do follow up with the spray booster wax every other wash which is every other week. Easy on and easy off is the nice touch to it.

Now it will last fairly long.....but not extremely long as some of those super expensive sealants....one, (unnamed) sealant we have used on the mustang has been on for over a year and the sheeting action is still very noticible.

I just ran out of wax and after spending much time reading all the advertising on the various waxes I settled on Meguier's Mirror Glaze Professional Hi-Tech Yellow Wax. I was looking for something long lasting. Anyone know how this stuff compares to NXT? I'm not sure if it was on the shelf or not. There were so many.

For my Winter coat I use a combination of products. For me, Meguiar's #20 Poly Sealant, lasts the longest. I top it with a sacrificial layer of Colinite's #845 "Insulator Wax". IW was originally developed to coat high voltage power lines, to prevent "Flashovers". It's also used as a mold release in the fiberglass industries. For the wheels I use either #20 or NuFinish. I haven't tried Medalion Premium Paint Protection, but it's touted as the longest lasting.

rek

Until a few months ago, I've been using Meguiars Medallion with great results. Looks great, lasts long. Can't find it in consumer stores though, only from auto paint supply shops by me. Or you can order direct from Meguiars. A few months back, I started using Meguiars NXT along with the NXT booster wax every other wash or so. Looks just as good as the Medallion, at least to me, and according to Meguiars, NXT lasts longer. I've never heard that it can't be layered though. Will have to confirm with Meguiars on that. Used Gold Class once, didn't last at all. Gave the whole bottle away.

Well the results are in NXT is good stuff.Easy to use and wipe off you just have to let it dry good 15 20 minutes. I went over the gold class and I put 2 coats on the hood roof and deck lid. It improved the gloss and gave it more depth.it reflects real well Here's a pic I'm about 15 ft. away from the car and it almost mirror like.

Cheesie pic but it picke me up in the door panel Thanks for the tips on the s110 Next time I'll give that a shot but If this NXT last I'll keep on using it The prep was done real well wheel out with foam pads and compound then swirl mark remover followed by show car glaze the the NXT I'm happy if it lasts Anther pic of the gloss on the hood that tree is about 80 ft. away..

Cheers

Jim

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

I never use wax because it went out of style with laquer paint. In fact, wax will destroy the finish rather than enhance it. I guess that if you're starting with a finish that's less than perfect, wax might help, but it will destroy a new finish.

What happens is that the abnormal heavy pressure of applying wax uses the miscropic dirt particals as a grinding agent, scratching the clear coat. As the wax dries, it acts as a magnet catching even more particles of dirt. When you wipe off the wax, it scratches the surface even more.

The way to maintain a flawless shine is frequent washings--I saw a pole: do you wash your car once a year, once a month, or once a week? I couldn't answer the question because they didn't include my answer: 2 to 3 times a week, with daily washings if it gets dirty.

As far as the car's finish? People always aske me what type of wax do I use. (Why do people ALWAYS have to touch the paint when they ask that question?)

If I ever needed to adress any scratches on the car, I would use Kit Scratch Remover for clear coat.

I never use wax because it went out of style with laquer paint. In fact, wax will destroy the finish rather than enhance it. I guess that if you're starting with a finish that's less than perfect, wax might help, but it will destroy a new finish.

What happens is that the abnormal heavy pressure of applying wax uses the miscropic dirt particals as a grinding agent, scratching the clear coat. As the wax dries, it acts as a magnet catching even more particles of dirt. When you wipe off the wax, it scratches the surface even more.

The way to maintain a flawless shine is frequent washings--I saw a pole: do you wash your car once a year, once a month, or once a week? I couldn't answer the question because they didn't include my answer: 2 to 3 times a week, with daily washings if it gets dirty.

As far as the car's finish? People always aske me what type of wax do I use. (Why do people ALWAYS have to touch the paint when they ask that question?)

If I ever needed to adress any scratches on the car, I would use Kit Scratch Remover for clear coat.

your kidding right? about the whole wax is bad for the finish? please o god tell me your kidding!

I use NXT on the Mountaineer & Zaino on the Cad. To be honest adter doing them both I cant tell the difference. Both are black and shine very well. The NXT is eaiser to use becauce of a little less surface preperation since it does have some cleaning abilities. I'm happy with NXT and would recomend it.

an01sts, Whoever told you that stuff about not waxing is not your friend.

www.autopia.org Lots of real info there....

an01STS,

With the proper surface prep, there is no grinding of any dirt into the paint. I agree you should not wax your car WITHOUT properly cleaning the paint (ie. following a wash, clay-baring it to remove the oxidants, and then a polish). But once you have your paint prepped, you need to protect it with something, or all your work will go to trash. This is where WAX comes in. It not only adds depth to the gloss, but protects it aswell.

For the sake of your cars finish, I suggest you visit Autopia.org, and learn what you are missing!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I am sure wax of whatever type will help protect the finish. At least I believe so.

It sure improves the gloss I am happy waxing my cars 2 times per year. Any more than that I don't really care to do. here's the proof Just testing another source to link pix. I used the nxt this time .Thats the reflections in the hood tree and skyI hope it stays that way for a few months..

Cheers

Jim

Picture1773.jpg

Archived