CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fall Oil Change

scott y

Well, as Fall swiftly arrives, it's time to do my annual oil change...Not sure of the miles/km as I only go by my Patented GM oil life monitor. Since early Nov./2010 my oil life is 30%, lots of WOT,many hiway miles and just general use. The 94 STS shall receive 7l of Castrol GTX 10W30, a fresh delco oil filter,1/2 bottle of Lucas oil stab. and one 20 oz. bottle of GM fuel system treatment plus. The ol 94 should be good for another year(fingers crossed) 182,000 miles 292K km,Been doing this for 10 years and running STRONG! :yupi3ti:

look1-1-1.jpg

Scott,

Interestering....

I am curious. -

Did your car ever have a HG job?

What does the oil stab do? - I use synthetic & only put a few thousand mi. a year. I change yearly too.

Do you change your coolant often?

mine has about 109,000

THANKS

No HG changes as of yet,(that's why I keep my fingers crossed)I find that Lucas just provides the N* with a lubricant that current oils just don't have(zddp),I don't really know the advantages except 182,000miles can't be wrong. I also change the coolant each fall forgot to mention.

look1-1-1.jpg

Based on your OLM,right Jim? I'm self employed so I have to travel a little more than most...but I don't change more than the OLM requires,that's just how "I" do it.

look1-1-1.jpg

It is important to change oil at least every year regardless of low miles. Some quite aggressive chemicals accumulate in the oil which may hurt the engine.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Based on your OLM,right Jim? I'm self employed so I have to travel a little more than most...but I don't change more than the OLM requires,that's just how "I" do it.

I usually change at around 25 to 30 percent.

That's usually around 7,500 to 8,000 miles... give or take 500.

Posted Image

It is important to change oil at least every year regardless of low miles. Some quite aggressive chemicals accumulate in the oil which may hurt the engine.

I didn't say that that i had low miles, just going by the OLM.Do you think that Lucas is harmful?I don't 182,000 miles

look1-1-1.jpg

I didn't say that that i had low miles, just going by the OLM.Do you think that Lucas is harmful?I don't 182,000 miles

Scott f,

I was not referring to your post. I do not know whether Lucas in oil is harmful or not . Lucas products have solid reputation.

Heres mine. my 96 Deville. 195000 miles, no HG yet. No crankcase reseal. No anyting at all. When the OLM says change oil, I change the oil and filter. I dont use any addatives or synthetic oil. Just acdelco filter and 7.5 quarts of Pennzoil 10w30. I use no more than 1 quart of oil per oil change, I drive it hard with lots of acceleration and WOTs. This car runs excellent. Everyone has their own way but I like my money in my pocket. I figure if something ever breaks It doesnt owe me anything. Every year when it passes NYSI I say good for another year, and another etc... Lol

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Heres mine. my 96 Deville. 195000 miles, no HG yet. No crankcase reseal. No anyting at all. When the OLM says change oil, I change the oil and filter. I dont use any addatives or synthetic oil. Just acdelco filter and 7.5 quarts of Pennzoil 10w30. I use no more than 1 quart of oil per oil change, I drive it hard with lots of acceleration and WOTs. This car runs excellent. Everyone has their own way but I like my money in my pocket. I figure if something ever breaks It doesnt owe me anything. Every year when it passes NYSI I say good for another year, and another etc... Lol

The Guru would love this post! :)

ZDDP is zinc its beneficial to prolonging the life of the cam valve assembly they removed it from oil when they went to roller rockers. I just started putting STP in my 97sls it suppose to have zinc in it. Maybe next time I will use Lucas.Mike

ZDP is your last defense between metal to metal contact. ZDP levels have been reduced over the years due to the concern that zinc doesn't play friendly with your catalytic converter. A little zinc doesn't harm the 'cat' but high levels can; so it is not a panacea for happy motoring.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Here in Canada(Bowmanville,Ont) at the local TSC Hardware store,they have 5l of Formula Shell in 5W30 and 10W30 on sale for $12.99 plus taxes...One hell of a good deal. Just about 1/2 price. Ithink that I'll buy 3 of those and my oil changes will be well looked after for both cars! :D

look1-1-1.jpg

Those oil additives are exceptionally good at one thing only, separating money from your wallet. You don't need to add anything to current SN/GF5 motor oil.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

the way I see it is if you dont mind spending to ease your mind and if it isnt bad for it, go ahead .why not

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived