CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

can burned taillight sockets cause this

chuckgann

I am 95% sure I have this exact same problem as previously posted concerning the burned taillight sockets and have ordered the new sockets. My problem is worse when my headlights are on. Anyway, yesterday I got two codes: P106 (stop lamp switch input circuit problem), and t067 (brake light switch fault). That was last night on way home with headlights on. This AM I cleared both codes and drove to work without headlights (it was light!). The codes did not and has not returned (for a week now). Is it possible that the codes were set due to the burned sockets I have?

Chuck, I had the post last week about chasing my electrical ghosts in my taillights. Thanks to the help of other members of the board I only wasted about 2 hours before reading about the burnt sockets. I Believe it is deffinately possible to get those codes. Since you get them when youre headlights are on it would suggest a crossover short in the sockets - as a good possibility. So dont drive your :P self crazy yet, just replace those sockets and see what happens. Hopefully that will do it. My 94 STS is much happier now. Good Luck, CHRIS

Archived