CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

PRE-SET SEAT FUNCTION

I HAVE A`98 ETC AND SOMETIMES THE DRIVER`S SEAT DOESN`T ALWAYS MOVE BACK TO THE PRE-SET POSITION FROM THE EXIT POSITION. TWO OF THE THREE MOVEMENTS WORK BUT, USUALLY IT DOESN`T MOVE ALL THE WAY FORWARD.I HAVE TO HIT THE FORWARD SWITCH ACOUPLE OF TIMES BEFORE IT WILL MOVE ALL THE WAY FORWARD. NEXT TIME OR NEXT COUPLE OF TIMES IT WILL FUNCTION JUST FINE, AND THEN IT WILL NOT MOVE FORWARD. MINOR THING BUT, I`LD LIKE MY CARS TO WORK AS THEY SHOULD. ANYONE HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE OR ANY IDEAS?

I had the memory seat feature in my 1998 STS fail on me except that it behaved a little different. About every fifth time I unlocked the car to get in it, the seat back would go all the way down until it was touvhing the rears seat cushions. I would then ahave only one chance to move it back to the proper place and if I didn't, it would move for another 10 minutes. This meant that if it went to far up, or not far enough, I was stuck in that position until it started working again. I went into Feature Programming in the DIC and shut off the memory feature. Now I just leave it in Driver one and adjust the seat as needed. No more problem. I also turn off the Exit position, because I thought that might be part of the problem. Your best bet if you can, is just to turn off the memory function because like my car, the module has probably gone bad. I looked into replacing it, and I think its around $350. To me, it was not worth it if I could just turn it off. Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

My 1997 Deville does exactly the same thing as danbuc described! The driver seat back will intermittently go back all the way to touch the rear seat when unlocking the door. It only happens sometimes and only when unlocking so its hasnt been a safety concern, but I would sure like it to go away. I was thinking of checking the memory module for loose/corroded connections etc.. Am I correct that this module would be located underneath the drivers seat? It appers to me that the carpet under the drivers seat was cut and glued back down in one area and this leads me to belive this module may have been removed or replaced at some point. Does this sound right? Do any legit repair procedures call for cutting the carpet? Also where in the DIC can I disable the memory and exit functions in case I cannot repair this? Thanks for any help!

Archived