CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

chrome trim

I'm getting my car painted and I want some new chrome trim for it were can I get it for the cheapest price?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Cheap and Cadillacs dont mix.

well were can I get it? I didn't say I want'd cheap stuff I just wanted the best price!

user posted image

It depends on what you need.

The small things like lettering, crests, etc, stick on with factory applied adhesive backing and are best purchased new (from a dealer). They run in the $35 to $65 neighborhood (not horribly expensive unless you need a lot of them).

Larger items like moldings, grilles, and interior trim peices can be bought from dealers or from wrecking yards.

I don't know where you live, but you may be able to find a Cadillac only wrecking yard near you. If so, they are great sources for trim pieces. Their parts are never cheap but they're less expensive than new.

If you want new parts, gmpartsdirect.com usually sells for about half your local dealer's price. You are on your own as far as coming up with part numbers is concerned, though, and their shipping and handling is on the high side.

I hope this helps.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

YOU CAN GET THAT CHROME MODLDING AT ANY PARTS STORE, AUTOZONE , PEP-BOYS IT JUST STICK ON. I REPLACE MY SIX MONTHS AGO, BUT YOU CAN GET IT AT THE DEALER AND PAY MORE BUT IT IS THE SAME STUFF.

How much does it cost at a dealership?

user posted image

Archived