CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Why are all caddies on eBay in TX?

Bentham

I think the real question should be, why is everyone in Texas selling their Caddys?? :D:lol:;)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Maybe because there's all that oil money in Texas! 'Ya think?

You might be on to something considering the high gas prices lately.... :lol:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I actually bought my Cadillac Eldorado ETC from Texas last November. I had a bad experience because when it arrived, it came with a free FAT DENT on the trunk, as well as some fun hidden suprises. The seller even had 100% positive feedback at the time. WEIRD. Anyways, be careful when purchasing expensive things over the internet!

We purchased a 2 year old Cadillac through ebay 18 months ago. It is one of the best cars we've ever had. It was located in Texas, and we got a good price on it. It was a high mileage one owner corporate vehicle in immaculate condition. The dealer was (still is) reputable, and the arrangement was for me to go pick it up, and if there was anything about it that wasn't right, it would be taken care of before I took delivery. I had already paid for the car before I saw it. One power window malfunctioned as soon as we got home (we live in Oklahoma) and they made arrangements for us to have it repaired at their expense. We are satisfied with the car, but I see how someone might be taken advantage of in some situations without proper precautions being taken.

Could it have something to do with laxer titleing laws? I remember a story years ago on sixty minutes. There is a town called Cleveland Tenn. Car transports ran in and out of that town like grandcentral station. Seems cars would be brought in and there were numerous places in that town that would clean 'em up, put a set of new (cheap) tires on them and clock the odometers, retitle them so they could not be traced and away they go to other states where they would be put through the auctions and back on car lots as low milage cars owned by "little old ladies who only drove them on Sundays". Now this was before the federal law prohibiting odometer tampering BUT, laws are made to be broken.

Funny you say that as almost every eBay listing reads 'single owner -by older couple' , ''owned by old lady, traded in for new Benz'' Then I do a Carfax[summary] to see how many 'records' found ...8, 9 , 11..

I'm beginning to wonder :)

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Archived