CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CRAP! This is not good!

davedog

we have had 5 inches of rain in the last 3 days.

Today it finally got nice & warm again. Got in my car to go to lunch and noticed there was condesation on the insides of the windows, fingured there must be water somewhere in my car.

was driving doen the road, looked in my rear view mirror and noticed the back end of the headliner looked darker. Put my hand up there and sure enough, the back 5 inches of the headliner are soaked!

WHAT TO I DO???? Was the sunroof maybe not closed all the way, or is it possible the drains....where are the drains, how to I check if they are clogged.

What about my heasdliner, do I just let ot dry? Will this damage it?

HELP!!!

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

OK, just went back out and took another look. I can see the front 2 drain holes and everything looks very clean and clear (I'll try cleaning them when I get home), but are there some in the back - I can't see them. Someone in another post talked about the possbility of the hoses coming off the drains....how do I tell if this has happened - or is this pretty rare.

or maybe it was just a fluke and it wasn't closed? HELP!

There should be two drain tubes at the rear as well. The tubes end at the rear quarters. Try using some weedwhacker line to unclog the tubes.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You can dry out your headliner fast by using a portable heater. Set it up in your car overnight under the wet headliner with the windows cracked and it should be dry by morning. Make sure the heater doesn't get anything too hot!!

IPB Image

good tips, I will work on it tonight. I am have been storing my laptop computer in between the left side of the trunk and the box that contains my subs, to keep it from moving around in my trunk.....i noticed when I pulled back the trunk liner that the drain hose goes right by there, I am hoping that the laptop was pinching the tube, and the combination of that and the hard rain made this happen and it's nothing too serious.... will try to clean the drains tonight anyway...

You can also get a small can of compressed air (like what is used to clean computer keyboards and such) and point the tube down the drain hole. This is assuming that you do not have access to an air compressor. If you have a block, you should feel the air blow back. I think you can find this stuff at Walmart or other "fine" stores.

thankd for the tips.....I left my car windows and sunroof open the rest of the day while I was at work, and while I drove home last night. Something came up and I din't have time to attend to the issue, but by the time I left for work this morning the headliner was dry, no stains, can't even tell it was ever wet! :D

I followed the drain lines in the trunk and discovered the the driver-side hose was pinched between the side of the car and a big wiring harness, it wasn't totally restricting water, but with the amount of rain we were getting over those days it might of made the difference.

I still want to try blowing out, or running a weed line through the hose just to make sure.... ;)

Archived