CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

98+ Grilles

Cupillac

Just wondering, my 96 STS has the grill with the silver cadillac emblem mounted on the outside of the grille.

Will the newer STS grilles with the emblem in it, fit my 1996.

I believe the grilles with the emblem in them are the 1998+

Thanks

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

A grille for a '98+ Seville will not fit, but a grille for a '98+ Eldorado SHOULD fit your '96 model.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

A grille for a '98+ Seville will not fit, but a grille for a '98+ Eldorado SHOULD fit your '96 model.

Uh, I don't think so.

I've been handling alot of Cadillac grills and Eldo and Seville are not interchangeable. At least not since 1991.

1992 through 1997 Seville (nee SLS) and STS grills seem to be interchangeable. STS had the grill mounted emblem.

If you really want a grill mounted emblem - poke around and find the part number for the STS grill badge. It 'may' not be available as a stand-alone part but search the archives here. Somebody found a part number for an emblem that works in there. Or e-mail Logan - he'd know.

cheers,

~Doc

Cardio, thanks for the correction. They sure look the same to me -- are they actually different shapes...and won't physically fit?

Hey Jason~

Close but no cigar. Not worth the body work hassles to make it fit.

If this individual has a 92-97 Seville (nee SLS), it's cheaper/easier to just get an STS grill. Or paint his current (chrome) grill and get a grill medallion.

how's married life?

~Doc

I didn't know they were just a bit different. Married life is all it's cracked up to be and more. Wouldn't change a thing!

Archived