CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

car accident!

eldoman95

i lost control of my caddy today in the crappy weather, im fine, both air bags deployed want to see if anyones interested in parts, grille is fine, emblums, engine, hell, its got a new trans in it. if anyone needs anything, post,

thank you, eldoman,

ps im replaceing with a sts!

Like Mike said, "Glad you are OK". Afterall you can replace the Eldo with an STS but you can't exactly say "Well I think I'll replace myself with a Brad Pitt or perhaps a Sean Connery".

What happened?

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

That's a shame...didn't you just get that machine painted? I have a 93 4.6L STS Pearl White Ext. and a biege Int. and I am looking for a replacement for my shifter handle which must have cracked inside somehow. Is your interior the same color?

the grille, i will sell with or without the gold emblum, with 160, without, 120, considering i just got it a month ago for 200, and the caddy emblum for 100.

my interior is a tan beige color. i was driving down a winding road and my rear tires got off the pavement and into the gravel spining me, and yes i did just get it painted, this is a major loss for me. i just pulled alot of the bolted componets under the hood. distibuter caps, wires, air filter and housing, fans, engine cover, pcv valve and line, a bunch of stuff. if any one needs anything its going for cheep, but i also want to recover a lil bit. thanks. my direct email is

nicvazquez@gmail.com

Like Mike said, "Glad you are OK".  Afterall you can replace the Eldo with an STS but you can't exactly say "Well I think I'll replace myself with a Brad Pitt or perhaps a Sean Connery". 

What happened?

ohhhhhhh Sean Connery, I think he is sooooo hot!!

Glad you're ok.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

i slid in gravel, and flew across the road going about 40-45, and hit the fence and cement barior protecting a power plant.

it probly is fixeable, but for no less than at least 4500 bucks, my drivers fender looks like a can opener got pissed at it. my whole drivers side is messed up. my bumber is messed up. and my two front tires are facing the outside of what would be center. and im surpirzed to report that my rims on my drivers side are cracked and the tires ripped. im going to get a couple of quotes to repair it. if its to much, ill continue with the strip down. :(

Where did this happen? What did you hit? How fast?

i was on st. charles rd. in lombard moving west, turned north on to swift rd. a curve in the road is where my rear right tire got into the gravel on the side of the road spinning me. i was going about 40

i was on st. charles rd. in lombard moving west, turned north on to swift rd. a curve in the road is where my rear right tire got into the gravel on the side of the road spinning me. i was going about 40

pretty sharp turn for 40 mph...

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

pretty sharp turn for 40 mph...

the curve in the road was after i was on swift, the curve isnt sharp at all. the turn from st. charles to swift is sharp. but swift curves from north to like a northwest postion. the sides of the road are gravel.

Why can't it be fixed :/ I might be interested in the engine/tranny assembly if it's still intact

im getting a quote tonight, its fixable, i just dont know how much it would cost. if the repairs are too much i continue with the stripping, and ill sell the rebuilt trans, and full synthetic oil engine, for a fair price.

Bigfoo, Just curious - how many miles on your car? Seems premature to be rebuilding a '99 engine - especially since there's not much to rebuild - the factory hone pattern is usually intact after 200,000 miles and the timing chains and tensioners are lifetime parts.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived