CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cylinder 6 misfire. runs horrible!

Hello I need an opinion. I have a 00 deville with 130,xxx miles. I had a cylinder 6 misfire, I changed the plugs and now its a cylinder 3 misfire. My car runs extremely bad. I was told if it was the coil pack then it would be a muliple misfire code. What do u think? And also my check coolant level light is on, I topped off the coolant but its still on. Is there a way to reset or do u think its a coolant issue?

Hello I need an opinion. I have a 00 deville with 130,xxx miles. I had a cylinder 6 misfire, I changed the plugs and now its a cylinder 3 misfire. My car runs extremely bad. I was told if it was the coil pack then it would be a muliple misfire code. What do u think? And also my check coolant level light is on, I topped off the coolant but its still on. Is there a way to reset or do u think its a coolant issue?

I'd flip some coils around and see if the problem follows them.

(free test!)

Sounds like a bad ignition cassette. It contains the coils.

If the coolant is not low, then it's a bad sensor in the surge tank. You might try removing it, filling it with water and shaking it to free up the sensor if it is stuck. If that doesn't work, then you'll probably need a new tank.

Sounds like a bad ignition cassette. It contains the coils.

If the coolant is not low, then it's a bad sensor in the surge tank. You might try removing it, filling it with water and shaking it to free up the sensor if it is stuck. If that doesn't work, then you'll probably need a new tank.

Thanks...very helpful. Should I replace them both?

Archived