CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My caddy needs a new water pump but we can't get it off help!!!

truprayaz

Hey guys it's me again....I got a 96 Cadillac deville and I need a new water pump we bought the part and borrowed the special tool from auto zone but when my husband went to remove the pump it won't come out.....after taking off the tool it feels like it wants to come off but then gets stuck please help!!! I need my caddy....ohhh and my husband said the outer seal looks like it needs replaced but I was told it's a dealer part is there any way around not replacing this until I can order the part/ Thanks guys in advance:-)

ok that housing gasket is avaailavle. they are very cheap. be sure to get the second design(new design)

I do not recommend reassembly without replacing the seal. It usually crumbles.

now you say the pump is not tight but it wont come out?

below is a pic of the water pump housing. The seal I am referring to is the blue seal

th_100_2285.jpg

th_100_2284.jpg

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Turn the pump CLOCKWISE to remove and COUNTERCLOCKWISE to install it. If you turned it counterclockwise in attempt to remove the pump, you may have bent some of the tabs on the pump. The bent tabs could be keeping the pump in place.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

A baby can do it. there I said it. Be sure to check the tensioner while yu are at it. proper tension, and the bearing is good on the pulley

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP!!!!! MY HUSBAND FIXED IT AND NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LEAKS!!! :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers: :bluesbrothers:

Glad its done and running well

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I had troubles getting mine out too...until I found out that it's clockwise to remove...lol

-Dusty-

2006 Cadillac DTS Glacier Gold Tri-Coat with 175,000 miles

1993 Cadillac Sixty Special Gold Mist with 185,000 miles

Archived