CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: Cadillac STS-V Spectre Intake dyno test

I had a great time with my Cadillac STS-V this morning at True Street Motorsports in McKinney.  We did a baseline dyno run on my 2008 Cadillac STS-V, then installed a Spectre custom intake for the STS-V, and ran a new dyno for before/after tests.   The Spectre intake was custom ordered through Streetsideauto. As soon [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Good report...

Almost 20 HP gain and over 25 FT Pounds of torque gained with only an intake change.

That should be a very noticeable improvement when driving it.

It may be possible to tweak the tune on the engine to better match the new flow characteristics of the new intake to get a little more out of it.

I love the sound of the blower... :yupi3ti:

Posted Image

There is an odd report I have mentioned before that some MAFs are less responsive than others. Mine appears to be the worse kind. I am trying to source another then retest in a couple weeks to see how/if the V adapted to the new intake and then if the different MAF matters.

no problems with trouble codes etc so all good there.

Yes we'll want to plan a get together sometime. The blower whine is fun, and I suspect a bit startling to nearby cars.

Bruce

anyway to monitor the A/F ratio during the dyno runs? been told that adjusting the fuel mixture is a key to making more power. probably ignition timing is next.

Actually the engineers spent a great deal of time on the LC3 intake -- but one of the key requirements for them was noise, vibration, and harshness -- so minimal restriction while allowing NO noise.

The Spectre intake does a 'trick' along the way also -- it lies to the MAF on the air flow in order to improve the fuel trim. The actual trim after the install was better than before the install, and you can see on the True Street Motorsports output chart that the air/fuel ratio was much better 'after'. I think the 'stock' fueling plan takes into account you 'may' be going WOT until top speed and maintaining that speed, and it uses a very rich fuel mixture to aid cooling.

But is it not a matter of not grabbing low hanging fruit. Instead, I moved the trade space by not caring if the blower whined.

Bruce

Very Nice,

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived