CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2004 DeVille Rear A/C Information

I have an up coming job on a rear a/c system reported blowing hot air. I'm looking for any information regarding the rear A/C's running operation, systems, schematics, parts...any tutorials or advise anyone may have, or that maybe here on the forum.

Thanking all in advance!

arcmech.

If the air outlet from the front ducts is cool, the problem is most likely a bad actuator in the rear duct. The system does not have a rear evaporator like a Suburban. It is just an actuator in the rear duct.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

If the air outlet from the front ducts is cool, the problem is most likely a bad actuator in the rear duct. The system does not have a rear evaporator like a Suburban. It is just an actuator in the rear duct.

Yes, the air is cold coming from the front ducts....

I think the "auxiliary actuator" is located up on or near the (main) blower motor. If it is not in the commanded position it should set a B0429 code.

I'll check and look for the actuator up by the front blower motor?

There are no DTC's set but I'll check the Caddy's on-board read outs.

Thank's for the input!

2004 DeVille Rear A/C

Pulled the glove box and access panel underneath covering the blower motor looking for the rear a/c actuator. Looking at the blower motor and ducting system through the glove box opening I see what looks to be 2 actuators, one is mounted on the right side of the blower motor on the duct / housing and has 3 leads,

A Red and Black lead both 10 ga. in size,

and a 16 ga. Gray lead with a Black line.

The second actuator is mounted on the ducting to the left of the blower motor nearer the center of the dash and has 4 leads all 16 ga. in size. Their color coding are,

Orange

Brown

Gray w/ Black Line

White w/ Black Line

Any info as to which is the correct actuator for the rear A/C ?

Thank's everyone!

2004 DeVille Rear A/C

Pulled the glove box and access panel underneath covering the blower motor looking for the rear a/c actuator. Looking at the blower motor and ducting system through the glove box opening I see what looks to be 2 actuators, one is mounted on the right side of the blower motor on the duct / housing and has 3 leads,

A Red and Black lead both 10 ga. in size,

and a 16 ga. Gray lead with a Black line.

The second actuator is mounted on the ducting to the left of the blower motor nearer the center of the dash and has 4 leads all 16 ga. in size. Their color coding are,

Orange

Brown

Gray w/ Black Line

White w/ Black Line

Any info as to which is the correct actuator for the rear A/C ?

Thank's everyone!

An update to my above post...

I checked the schematics from a "Haynes" manual which showed wiring color codes for the second actuator mentioned above. I borrowed an actuator from a second Caddy, tried it on the problem one and got the rear A/C to work so this was /is the problem and also the correct actuator location.

Thank's for the info Ranger and KHE!