CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I have a 96 seville an I'm getting ready to swap moters with 98 I have the engine an tranny plus the 98 computer .

vin codes must match. either vin code 9 or Y.

Has the replacement engine been Timeserted for the heads?

While the trans is out it is reommended to replace the TCC solenoid, the ISS, and both shift solenoids.

there is alot more but this is the first that came to my mind

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

vin codes must match. either vin code 9 or Y.

Has the replacement engine been Timeserted for the heads?

While the trans is out it is reommended to replace the TCC solenoid, the ISS, and both shift solenoids.

there is alot more but this is the first that came to my mind

Yes it has timeserted head bolts it's Jasper rebuild.I was told as long as I have the proper computer it doesn't mater if it's 9 or a y hopefully this is true . I believe it has something to do with the crank an cam sensors thanks for the tips on the solenoids will do I picked the motor an tranny up for a good price I couldn't pass it up. Any other tips we be much appreciated i also have both engine harnesses

• 1 month later...

Well I didn't think I had to show proof. Already scraped the original motor. I guess I could post some pictures of it running . and the parts I decided to keep ...injector starter etc. The only problem I had was I had do it trice .Computer didn't recognize the gear ratios in the new tranny so I put the old one back in.One other problem was the one exhaust collector was a different diameter than the original. I'll post some pictures for you none believers in a couple of days . Going to the Penn State game next week and I'm taking the Catty I'll post them pictures also!