CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How to unlock ALL doors with single pulse from aftermarket alarm

I have completed it now so that when I press unlock/disarm on my Autopage remote, all doors unlock.

Here is a link to my walk through: http://www.tulsatech.net/alarm101/

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I thought that this may be helpful to others even if not for after market alarm purposes. I suppose that you could take 4 relays and tap the window's auto down circuits and attach to a spare channel on an alarm or other remote device and be able to drop all the windows remotely. Who knows.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Jeff,

You mentioned (somewhere) that while trying to unlock all doors when you were in a hurry, that the horn was beeping...

This confuses me... mine has never done that.

Just 2 quick clicks on the remote and everything is unlocked.

No muss, no fuss and no horn beeping....

It has mystified me why you have went to all this trouble to make it unlock with one click...

I speculate that it all has to do with the aftermarket alarm... which I, of course, don't have.

Please enlighten me.... :) :)

Posted Image

Jeff,

You mentioned (somewhere) that while trying to unlock all doors when you were in a hurry, that the horn was beeping...

This confuses me... mine has never done that.

Just 2 quick clicks on the remote and everything is unlocked.

No muss, no fuss and no horn beeping....

It has mystified me why you have went to all this trouble to make it unlock with one click...

I speculate that it all has to do with the aftermarket alarm... which I, of course, don't have.

Please enlighten me.... :) :)

It does have to do with the after market alarm. In the old days the alarm would tap into the unlock and lock circuits coming from the door. That is no longer the case with the invention of the databus. Now you have modules and they communicate with each other via data communication. With that, the alarms now use a module to talk on this network. The first call on the network with an unlock command, the driver's module is the only one to respond my unlocking. Upon the second issuance of the unlock command in a set amount of seconds tells the other's to unlock as well. Why this is so with the iData modules I do not know because the DDM can unlock them all upon one press of the unlock button on the door...hence my mod.

Now the question that I have been expecting and have not gotten yet is, "Why was factory remote start/alarm not good enough?" Two reasons. Extended distance/more penetration through obstacles and feedback. I do not have to go look for the lights to flash. I press the button, the remote tells me that the start command has been issued, and then confirms that ignition has been achieved.

Does this make a little more sense?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

It does have to do with the after market alarm. In the old days the alarm would tap into the unlock and lock circuits coming from the door. That is no longer the case with the invention of the databus. Now you have modules and they communicate with each other via data communication. With that, the alarms now use a module to talk on this network. The first call on the network with an unlock command, the driver's module is the only one to respond my unlocking. Upon the second issuance of the unlock command in a set amount of seconds tells the other's to unlock as well. Why this is so with the iData modules I do not know because the DDM can unlock them all upon one press of the unlock button on the door...hence my mod.

Now the question that I have been expecting and have not gotten yet is, "Why was factory remote start/alarm not good enough?" Two reasons. Extended distance/more penetration through obstacles and feedback. I do not have to go look for the lights to flash. I press the button, the remote tells me that the start command has been issued, and then confirms that ignition has been achieved.

Does this make a little more sense?

Yep...Especially the alarm telling you that it has started.

I can remote start mine from inside buildings... Usually... :)

Occasionally it doesn't penetrate the building and it doesn't remote start...

That is fairly rare...but it does happen.

Your range is also probably a lot better than mine....

About 200 to 250 feet or so is the extent of the range on mine.

Posted Image

Why would you want to unlock all doors with one click? Does the aftermarket alarm unlock all doors with 2 clicks?

From a security standpoint alone, I would want only the drivers door to unlock with one click only, but that is me

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Why would you want to unlock all doors with one click? Does the aftermarket alarm unlock all doors with 2 clicks?

From a security standpoint alone, I would want only the drivers door to unlock with one click only, but that is me

I have a wife and children so I guess that would be my reason with wanting all of the doors to unlock. They look pretty pittiful standing next the the car that is already started and cooling while it is 100+ outside...Just waiting for me to get to my door and hit the unlock button.

Yes, the alarm would unlock all doors with two button presses...if you can get these autopage 2way alarms to send the unlock signal twice in GM's given time.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Oh ok, got ya..

I always liked the drivers door opening first so that no one could get into the car with me, in the bronx, brooklyn or manhattan or at the mall for security reasons,

I didnt know that there was an issue unlocking all the doors,

Cool workaround you developed!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Oh ok, got ya..

I always liked the drivers door opening first so that no one could get into the car with me, in the bronx, brooklyn or manhattan or at the mall for security reasons,

I didnt know that there was an issue unlocking all the doors,

Cool workaround you developed!

Yea, I guess that we have different things to worry about here in ol' Oklahoma. :)

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Archived