CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I hae a 98 Deville and until lately the A/C has worked perfectly. Now sometimes it comes on and works great for a little while and then the compressor cuts off. I have had the gages on when compressor was running and readings were good.Sometimes it will only stay off a few minutes and come back on and other times it stays off. There are no codes showing concerning the A/C. Can someone please suggest what to try or where the problem may be?

thanks in advance, Mike

Just a shot in the dark here, but you might check the contacts on the relay and the clutch as well as the clutch gap (should be about .025). Might also try blowing out the clutch gap with compressed air (probably won't help, but can't hurt).

Just a shot in the dark here, but you might check the contacts on the relay and the clutch as well as the clutch gap (should be about .025). Might also try blowing out the clutch gap with compressed air (probably won't help, but can't hurt).

I changed the relay and still had same problem. I will check clutch clearence. If it is too wide, how do I close it?

I changed the relay and still had same problem. I will check clutch clearence. If it is too wide, how do I close it?

You need a clutch plate installer tool. An auto parts store can order it for you.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived