CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I've asked on three forums how to take a door panel off of these newer DTS. Maybe I just need to take it into the dealer being as new as it is.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

It is not terribly hard; you remove all the screws, then pull up on the bottom of the door panel, which allows small L-shaped plastic clips to clear the inner shell. Then you can pull the panel off. Some danger of breaking the clips.

0505256K14-094.gif

thanks to compnine.com for the image

See longer description here

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thank you Bruce. I will take another stab at this today or tomorrow. While I don't want to break any clips, I assume that they are replaceable?.

Also, I assume that there was a special tool required to tab the wiring boot off of the car side as it broke while I was trying to pull it off. Any idea as to that driver's soor wiring harness part number?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Jeff, if you go to compnine.com then click on Cadillac or my other favorite Nalley GMC you can drill down to the diagrams and then to part numbers. I love these online diagrams for insight.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I don't know if the '08 is like the '00 - '05, but if it is, once you get everything loose, the panel lifts off vs pulling it off. If you pull it you'll break it.

Archived