CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Short Story: I am looking for any info available on tapping the power locks on my 08 for the security system.

Long Story: I purchased an AutoPage alarm/remote start. http://www.autopageusa.com/t_inside.cfm?action=products&catID=1004&prodID=85341231-6633-4a66-8b0e-bdf24fa9e140

It was installed with an ilink module to interface into the databus as I guess everything on these cars go through that. When I disarm the alarm, it only unlocks the drivers door. To get all of them to unlock, I have to have the alarm double pulse the databus just like you have to double press the factory keyless entry to unlock all doors. That would work except these autopage two way remotes have delays between button pushes so it is a miracle if I can get it to pulse a second time within the time restraint programmed by GM. I talked to the installer at one of our local autopage dealers and he said that it can be wired so that one press of unlock would unlock all the doors. It has something to do with tapping relays on the door lock module which is in the drivers side door and bypassing the ilink module for that feature. He is too booked to do it so I went to my other favorite autopage installer and he can do it but wanted me to bring in any information that I could find. Does anyone have any info on this?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

The only thing I know about the locks/door modules is... you can unlock ALL FOUR DOORS with the metal key.

So it should be possible to do what you want, pretty easily..."IF" you had a wiring diagram.

Posted Image

Well, the car place just called and said that they need to install a relay in every door and they don't feel comfortable doing so. I am getting pissed now. They say to take it to the dealership and have the feature turned off. Is this possible or are they trying to shove me off to bark up someone else's tree?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Well, the car place just called and said that they need to install a relay in every door and they don't feel comfortable doing so. I am getting pissed now. They say to take it to the dealership and have the feature turned off. Is this possible or are they trying to shove me off to bark up someone else's tree?

Exactly what feature do you want turned off??

Posted Image

Archived