CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1984 Eldorado oil filter housing

The 1984 Eldorado had either an HT4100 or a 5.7 liter Olds diesel. Either should be easy to find at recycling yards. The oil filter adapter should be available from any engine that isn't for sale as a running replacement motor, which is to say, just about any of them.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I know a guy on another board that just took one of those engines out this week. Want me to ask him for that part or do you think you can locate one locally?

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

The guy has the part and its off ready to go. he says make him a offer plus a few bucks for shipping. He seen this post but isnt going to create an account just to post.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Sorry, I forgot to get back to you. I will not need that part after all as I have a second Biarritz which I was planning to swap motors after the summer. The motor in my convertible has bad compression along with o ring problems. So instead of paying someone the labor to change the housing I went ahead and scheduled swapping the 85' motor with the old 84" motor. These 4100's were not the best motors GM made as I'm sure you well know and I was told that 1 out of 5 will develop problems over time.

Thx again for looking into that for me.

RD

Sorry, I forgot to get back to you. I will not need that part after all as I have a second Biarritz which I was planning to swap motors after the summer. The motor in my convertible has bad compression along with o ring problems. So instead of paying someone the labor to change the housing I went ahead and scheduled swapping the 85' motor with the old 84" motor. These 4100's were not the best motors GM made as I'm sure you well know and I was told that 1 out of 5 will develop problems over time.

Thx again for looking into that for me.

RD

Be sure to use the bars leaks cooling system supplement or the GM sealer pellets available at the dealer. It was mandatory with the 4.1/4.5/4.9 family of engines.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71