CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

help! im stranded !

thanks. i agree! but i think the bulb should appear a little dimmer dont ya think?

The headlight assembly itself is pretty well sealed. If water gets into a headlight or taillight you need to disassemble it and fix it, replacing any damaged parts or gaskets.

The air path to the fuel injection is through the grille, then to the left (facing the front of the car) of the radiator behind the headlight assembly, to an aperture back above the left front fender well to a port into the air filter.

ok thanks jim. now for todays report .went to the local auto ZoNe where i bought the battery some 3 months ago .to charge the battery because after days of toying it was dead. when i got there they tested the battery and said what do you know this BATTERY IS BAD ! so they gave me a new one. got back to the car checked,and or cleaned all the connector i could .relays, fuses.removed the two pcm conectors (at the pcm) cleaned with contact cleaner, re-connected the new battery .crossed my fingers..opened the drivers door and .security blinking ..just like its supposed to .i began to smile and -......fired right up ...with only history codes showing!!! thanks guys ...somtimes its the simplest most overlooked thing that is the problem ..i ASSUMED my new battery was good but it was the culprit the whole time!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:bluesbrothers:

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks everyone for the terrific help! ok heres where we are at ! months ago recieved the wait 3 minute thing. seemed fine for a while then i noticed while driving a message appeared theft system problem car may not restart but it kept restarting no problem! now if i pull out the resistor it again gives me the wait 3 minutes when and no starter action. when i replace the resistor it cranks and runs for 3 seconds .....sooooo i built a 50mhz signal to replicate the signal for the ecu. and now i cant figure out where to put this all the posts say attach signal wire to ecu output wire of TDM if my car doesnt have a TDM then how do i wire the 50 mhz signal generator ..im kinda anxious because my car is beside the road!! thanks for alll the wisdom!!!

Hey Im pretty sure the TDM is intergrated into the BCM i it should be behind the driver side passenger seat.. theres a washer and some long funky screws holding a plastic contraption that contains fuses wires the the TDM/pcm a large silver box might be black though either way its big you cant miss it.. the best way is to undo the funky screws with the washer and take out the back seat cusion its not hard just d difficult because the washer and nut are on an extremely long lug if you pull up the installation you will see them i the top left and right corners...

Archived