CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers !?

gibson

Hello

I finally found a shop here in Sweden that sells Dynomax mufflers.Plan to put the Super Turbo's on my -99 sts.

The car is way to quit for a V8,but I don't want it to sound like a tuned vette as it still is a luxury car.

I would appreciate your opinions on this choice.I have heard the sound file of the Corsa system on corsaperf.com

What is the difference compared to that sound ?

Thanks

Well Gibson, I can't tell you the subjective difference in the sound comparison, but I can tell you that I have the Dynomax S/T's you described on my STS, and I have been VERY happy with them. Besides the performance benefit, they sound great, and fit my Cadillacs profile perfectly..A nice low rumble at idle, good mellow Northstar V-8 tones at crusing speed ( not too loud, or 'boomy') and a great, crowd pleasing ROAR at WOT. I would not hesitate to use them again.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Bob D

Sounds good,thanks for the info!Looking forward to the installation.

Exhaust shop has them on the way to Sweden from the US,so the work should be done in the next 3 weeks.They told me the price should be around 310$ installation included.I will post a comment when it's done.

Well Gibson, I can't tell you the subjective difference in the sound comparison, but I can tell you that I have the Dynomax S/T's you described on my STS, and I have been VERY happy with them. Besides the performance benefit, they sound great, and fit my Cadillacs profile perfectly..A nice low rumble at idle, good mellow Northstar V-8 tones at crusing speed ( not too loud, or 'boomy') and a great, crowd pleasing ROAR at WOT. I would not hesitate to use them again.

I have a nice, low rumble at idle too. but thats due to a small hole in my muffler :)

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well,now they are in place and I am very pleased.It's just like people have said on this and other board's.Just a nice low rumble at idle and very nice roar at WOT.At cruising speed they are just about the same as stock.I went for the short 2"ones because the long ones are hard to fit on the 98 and on models

Archived