CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: A tale of two Blown 4.4L V8s – BMW & @Cadillac

The new 2012 BMW M5 uses the twin-scroll, twin-turbo 4.4L V8 from the BMW X5M/X6M SUVs.  In the 2009 BMW trucks this powerplant made 547 hp, in 2010 555 hp, but in the new M5 makes 552 hp.   This all seems to need a bit more sorting. This engine is the BMW S63, which is [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

what a flippin plumbing nightmare? i look at my 99gtp and laugh at how simple the install is. but than, all service work on a new bmw is done under warranty. who cares if the tech spends XXhrs changing some leaky intake gasket. bmw gets to pay for it. you will never see a high school kid driving a sts-v 8yrs from now. wondering how to put a big sub in the trunk.

Having twin turbo's in the middle of the V8 is great for a short trip from the integrated exhaust to the turbo's but I wonder what that does to the underhood temperatures?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

suppose point of story was to compare the caddy and bmw motor and how each achieved such high power output. each customer has to decide if the technology is cool. if i could afford either car would i choose to not buy one because i thought it was too complicated? probably not. i think the buyers of these cars are pretty well off.

Archived