CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 Seville roof console

I have been thinking that ever since this thread started... but I hate to correct someone else's spelling...

Lord knows I make enough of them myself... :) :)

Yeah . . . I'm no fan of the spelling/grammar nazis either. Just the same, I edited the 'WYF" in my original post. :D :D :D

Yeah... for a couple of days... I had to keep slapping my hands away from the keyboard .... they were wanting to say.... "HEY ... it HOMELINK... not HOMELITE.... :D :D :D

Posted Image

If the Homelite isn't blocking screws, just leave it alone. Without it, you will need the cover that comes with roof consoles that don't have the Homelite, and even if you have one, the Homelite looks better.

My garage door openers have later RF frequencies and waveforms than are supported by the Homelite. The Homelite can't step in for either of them because my garage door openers aren't supported by the Homelite. I left it alone because I didn't want to have that cover, even if I could find one, and the Homelite looks fine.

Jim,

The Homelink transmitter with the yellow LED will work with the rolling code door openers. There are a few door openers that won't even work with the "Yellow LED" Homelink transmitter - yours must be one of those?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Mine has the red LED. It works with rolling codes, too. However there are always new waveforms out there, and mine is very old.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

they changed in 1997. My 96 Deville has the yellow light, and my 97 sevlle has the red light

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived