CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi all.

I'm still alive and kicking. Haven't been on this site in forever. Car is still running good. Finally found someone that can rebuild a 4T80E that can hold 800HP. I have a bigger turbo and am going to the track tomorrow shooting for the 10's.

Best run to date was 11.8 @ 120mph with basically stock tranny that just couldn't take it. That was little over a year ago. Now have strong tranny with 3500 stall converter. Quest is for anything in the 10's.

I'm running 60lb/hr injectors at 22lbs of boost and they are about maxed out. We are estimating about 750-775hp at the crank. Took it out on the highway the other day with race gas and tune is perfect.

Wish me luck.

Mark 99 STS Turbocharged

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

Good to hear from you Mark. Keep us informed and be sure to scan those dyno numbers and time slips.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Just thought of you the other day Mark, glad you are doing well. Good Luck

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

• 11 months later...

Well it's been about a year since my last post. Thought I would update. Before going for my run I decided to go on the highway and check everything. Pushed it and thought I blew the tranny. Was super busy and didn't have time to mess with it so just stabled the car for a while. Jim(the guy who has helped me on this project from beginning) has experience in trannys now so we decided to tear it down ourselves. Tore it apart over the winter and to our surprise there was nothing wrong with the tranny. I had been beating on this thing hard for 6 months and you could still see "borg warner" on the clutches. We were very impressed. Jeff Ianitello of Engineered Performance built the tranny for me and I would highly recommend him. Turns out I blew up the converter and sheared the nut off the main shaft of the turbo all at the same time. It was a cheap turbo so I had a custom 70mm built and had the converter beefed up to handle 800hp.

After getting it back together I decided to shed as much weight as possible so in my spare time started to strip the car. Was able to lose 500lbs. Unhooked ride sensors so shocks fully inflated, put 2"skinnys on the back and put 11.5x28x16" slicks on the front. Whole setup looked pretty jank but was going for time and speed, not looks.OH MY GOD it pulled like a raped ape. Best time was 11.24 @124mph spinning the slicks thru 1st and 2nd. We determined that given the weight of the car, front wheel drive and that much power it just was not going to hook. But with that ET and MPH it is a 10 second car. Decided to retire from the track, put the car back together and just enjoy it now that I know what it can do. Finally met my goal.

Was on highway about month ago and came up on a Rossion Q1. I was only running 15lbs of boost and stayed head to head with him til he backed off at 110mph. If I'd been running 20lbs of boost I would have walked away from him big time. Let me tell you he was pissed off. Car is running perfect. May be looking to let her go and move on to another project.

Here is a link to video of car.

Have had over 300,000 hits on original video.

Mark

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

Archived