CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

FOB problems

Good morning all,

I just bought an STS 2005 Cadillac. Overall (so far) I'm a little pleased with the vehicle. However, I'm really "pissed" about the FOB problem.

I can understand losing a signal on my "Cell Phone", however not to my car. I've never heard of such a ridiculous situation.

Think about-- You can't start you car because you're in a "DEAD ZONE." So, being a new owner, you begin reading the manual right there.

I tried the "Put your FOB" in the console slot to start it. Of course it didn't work. Next - stand away about 20 feet and start it. Who the hell is going to push the button to start it if I'm 20 feet away.

I don't know about all of you, but I'm really fed up with this. I had to call a Tow Truck @ an $85 charge to tow my auto to the dealership. I'm going down this morning to see what's going on. I expect this will run about $80 an hour or more and they'll find problems that aren't really there.

SUGGESTION:

We owners REBEL and demand a mechanical start method when this happens. I'm very close to a "SIT IN" at the dealership that sold it to me and didn't warn me about this problem. I did it before and it worked.

I sat in front of the dealership, on a sidewalk, from 8:00am to 9:20am, with my cooler and sign indicating:

"RIPOFF"; DON'T BUY HERE; .....ETC.

It took about 1 hour & 15 mins to get the attention of the owner. I expect at least 1,500 drivers saw my sign.

The VP of the dealership came out and asked why I was doing that and I told him the 2nd contract had a higher price than the 1st contract. STUPID me didn't read the bottom line the 2nd time. Who would think they would do that?

The owner told them to refund the $2,500 error & an additional $2,000 for my inconvenience. I still hope to this day that they are losing money.

I'm about to go to that dealership that sold me the STS and didn't warn me about this "DEAD ZONE" problem.

I SUGGEST WE "FOB" OWNERS STAND UP TOGETHER AND DEMAND A "MANUAL" MEANS TO START OUR VEHICLES IN A DEAD ZONE.

ACTUALLY WE SHOULD HAVE AN OPTION TO START BY "KEY" IF WE SO CHOOSE. WHY ARE JUST SITTING BACK ON OUR HAUNCHES AND ACCEPTING THIS !!!!!!!!!!!! KRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Are there any other FOB owners that are FED UP enough to join me? Let's take back our rights as a consumer instead of letting the industry sell us this KRAP.

STSowner

Jacksonville, FL

Did you try to change the FOB battery; couple bucks. And until you sort out the problem (and give the dealer a chance to correct it) I think you are overreacting.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

This is a board for Cadillac Enthusiasts...

We can try to help you "SOLVE PROBLEMS" with your car

I am not speaking for the board in general, but "I" for one, will not participate in your DEMANDS and PROTESTS.

It seems that "YOU" have an issue with "YOUR" particular car...

I have never heard of the problem that you are having.

Maybe the FOB needs to be re-synced to the car???

Maybe it needs a new battery???

Maybe it is bad/defective???

Have you tried the 2nd FOB?

Do you know that sometimes if you have BOTH FOBS in the car at the same time, it may get confused on which one to take directions from???

If you just bought the car from a dealer.. he should stand behind it and help you resolve the problem at no charge..

At least I hope he does.

Posted Image

A service manager and dealer is more likely to invest in your future good will if he perceives some possibility of ever achieving it.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

You were lucky to get a Cadillac with bad FOB. Otherwise how would you get $4,500 back!? I do not believe GM did not leave any option for the driver when FOB is not working properly.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Wow. Im just curious what you do when you get home and realize your drive-thru cheeseburger doesnt have cheese on it. :unsure:

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Archived