CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

humming noise or road noise

Hello again thanks for all the help on here I have a question I hear humming noise coming from front end and road noise checked tires since they are not but 8 months old goodyear tires the car does not drive badly. Its like the sound of a u joint I understand this call does not have one. Can I get help or its nothing to worry about. Second question I have noise coming from the rear end like clunking noise when I go over rough road and a slight sway when it happens but no codes thank you very much

Hello again thanks for all the help on here I have a question I hear humming noise coming from front end and road noise checked tires since they are not but 8 months old goodyear tires the car does not drive badly. Its like the sound of a u joint I understand this call does not have one. Can I get help or its nothing to worry about. Second question I have noise coming from the rear end like clunking noise when I go over rough road and a slight sway when it happens but no codes thank you very much

Do some zigzags on an empty and quite road and listen carefully to the humming noise. If its intensity changes when you change the direction, it is most likely one of your hub bearings. If it is louder when you turn right, it is MOST LIKELY the left front hub bearing.

The rear end clunk can be a lot of things. Loose brake pads is one of the possibilities. The next time, while going over a bump apply brakes. If there is no clunk with brakes applied, it is most likely brake pad related.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Humming noise? - Hmmm. does it sound like a propellar airplane is following you? - does it make the noise at about 10mph. not sure what a ubolt sounds like, but if you were checking tire treads, It sounds like a wheel hub. jack up the tire, grab at 12 & 6, and push in & out. if it has any play, that's the suspect. compare to the other side to be sure.

for the rear, I would jack up each rear tire, and check for play.

thank you very much I will do that tommorrow test on back road and the check the 12 and 6 position If that what it might be I will post the correct solution tomorrow

the rear sounds like upper and lower knuckle bushings, if they are original they should definately be replaced. that causes sway and clumking

front sounds like hub assembly, note if one is bad chances are the other is not far behind. My deville has that noise but so minor it is hard to notice.

Bear in mind i have not seen this car but the descriptions sound about right

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived