CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SAG BUTT ON 96 CADILLAC

HEY IM BACK AGAIN AND NEED A LIL BIT OF HELP..I HAVE A 96 DEVILLE AND IT SEEMS TO BE SAGGING IN THE BACK A LIL..SO WHEN I TURN MY KEY ON U HEAR THE PUMP FOR 5 SECS AND IT STOPS.IT DNT LIFT OR NOTHING..SO IM TRYING TO SEE IF THERE IS A WAY I CAN LIFT THIS BABI UP WITHOUT SPENDING ALOT OF DOUGH..I TRIED THE LIL SPACE BLOCKS SCREW INS ON THE SPRINGS BUT NO DEAL ON THAT..ARE THERE AIR SHOCKS ON THIS THING OR WHAT,I GOT UNDER THERE AND CHECK AROUND TO SEE IF SOMETHING IS UNHOOKED..NOW I HAVE PUT A SUBWOOFER BOX IN THE TRUNK SO IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE A FAT LADY IS IN MY TRUNK BUT I THOUGHT THAT PUMP SUPPOSE TO RAISE IT UP TO HEIGHT LEVEL??ANYBODY NO ANY TEST RUNS OR SOME

First STOP typing in ALL CAPS, that is considered YELLING and its HARD TO READ!!

Check the rear air shock bladders to see if they are CUT, use soapy water to test them then turn on the key and look for bubbles, the rubber bladders are probably leaking, if not check the nylon tubing, but FIND the leak

The space blocks is the ghetto, idiotic way to raise the rear end. Get them out immediately you will break a spring. Fix and diagnose your Cadillac in the CORRECT manner, there are NO cheap short cuts. Try fixing it, you didnt even attempt to get an answer on this problem BEFORE you used those blocks.

If you need new shocks check www.arnottindustries.com for aftermarket air shocks, they will no longer be computer dampen controlled

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

You are almost certainly looking at bad shocks. Replace them and check over the air line to make sure there are no breaks. You are lucky your compressor isnt broke.

As for a "cheap" fix, go to the junkyard and test your luck on finding another 94-96 deville with new not original shocks like yours. If you cant afford new shocks Im afraid you cant afford for your car to sit level.

15 years ago we did everything we could to lower our cars. Now everyone wants to raise them up. Im actually pleased you didnt mention putting donk coil spacer platforms below the springs as a way to raise it back up lol.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

note I do not at all recommend putting blocks in the springs, they put pressuree points on part of the sprinngs instead of equal pressure. and the last thing you want is no air shocks and a broken spring or 2.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived