CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

4 note horns in 2008 DTS

Well, I got it done today. There are 6 horns in this car now as I left the stock A & F notes hooked up.

I mounted the 4 additional horns behind the steel bumper by bending the horn brackets 90 degrees, drilling out the thread, and then drilling the bumper.

photo10.jpg

To tie into the horn curcuit, I made a harness for the under hood fuse box. It connects where the fuse was. You can see here I made my connectors for the mini fuse socket by taking blade connectors and cutting them down with a dremil.

photo14.jpg

photo11.jpg

Basically my harness creates a Y with two seperate fuse holders. One is the stock 15amp which looks back to the other side of the mini fuse socket and the other side is fused and goes for 86 on my universal relay that I have outside of the fuse box.

photo13.jpg

photo12.jpg

Here is the video of it in action.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Thanks. I made sure that I edited myself out of the vehicle. Watchin that car rock when I get in it though shows that I haven't missed any meals...

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Thanks. I made sure that I edited myself out of the vehicle. Watchin that car rock when I get in it though shows that I haven't missed any meals...

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

You are not the only one with "THAT" problem... :) :)

I try to make sure I don't miss any...:D

Posted Image

Follow up...

The horns sound awesome outside and horrible inside of the car. The wife says that it sounds like a cross between bottoming out the car and the car immensely farting. It's kinda like the car's insulation filters out part of the sound and leaves some of the lows and vibrations.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Try unhooking the A & F horns you added to see if it inproves the sound. Currently, the A & F notes are overpowering the C & D notes.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Try unhooking the A & F horns you added to see if it inproves the sound. Currently, the A & F notes are overpowering the C & D notes.

Which brings me back to, what if I added another C and D note for a total of 8 horns. I realize at some point it just becomes absurd but until I hit that point...

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

• 10 months later...

As a follow up... Last fall I did go ahead and mount the 2 additional horns in the same fashion as the other 4 that I added. I put the additional 2 in between . It took an aditional relay and some more wiring but 4 months later and all 8 horns still wake the dead :)

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Archived