CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

03 DHS Airbag Light On, SDM B0041

Hello all,

I have annoying problem with my 03 Deville DHS @ 95K miles.

When the car hits a pothole or hard bump the airbag light comes on. The code read is SDM B0041 which I researched is Side Deployment Module circuit open loop. Clearing the codes doesn't turn off the Airbag Light. After a few trips the airbag light goes off so by itself. BTW, The car has never been in a accident.

I would guess either there is connector problem or a sensor is going bad. Anyone else experience this or have a solution? Any wiring diagrams would be appreciated before I start tearing apart the car looking for things.

Thanks again.

When the car hits a pothole or hard bump the airbag light comes on. The code read is SDM B0041 which I researched is Side Deployment Module circuit open loop.

I recently had a similar code on my '98.

Found an ever so slightly corroded connecter under the passenger seat (near the rear left corner). Pulling back the lock tab, then yanking it on/off about a dozen times scrubbed it clean - no issues since.

Plugs near the floor level area are usually good suspects to start with, since they're subject to moisture, etc.

When the car hits a pothole or hard bump the airbag light comes on. The code read is SDM B0041 which I researched is Side Deployment Module circuit open loop.

I recently had a similar code on my '98.

Found an ever so slightly corroded connecter under the passenger seat (near the rear left corner). Pulling back the lock tab, then yanking it on/off about a dozen times scrubbed it clean - no issues since.

Plugs near the floor level area are usually good suspects to start with, since they're subject to moisture, etc.

Thanks for the quick advice.

I found connectors underneath the Driver's seat which I cycled on and off, made sure the connectors were on securely.

The airbag light is currently off, so time and mileage will tell if that was the problem.

Best Regards

Archived