CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Battery Very Low

Adrien

Hi; my 93 sts read battery very low code 6 but I check the battery and it is fully charge and the alternator is charging 14.5v any idea where the problem would be thanks.

Not sure what "code 6" is but depending on how old the battery is, it may be on its way out. Take the battery to an auto parts store and have it load tested. You will then know if the battery is good or bad.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Not sure what "code 6" is but depending on how old the battery is, it may be on its way out. Take the battery to an auto parts store and have it load tested. You will then know if the battery is good or bad.

or let them test it in the car.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Hi; my 93 sts read battery very low code 6 but I check the battery and it is fully charge and the alternator is charging 14.5v any idea where the problem would be thanks.

How old is the batery? - did it deep-cycle recently (go dead). is the car used daily? if you let a battery sit for extended periods of time, it goes bad very quickly. a battery older than 4 years that gets completely drained just once can suffer irreversible internal damage. get it checked, but if's old, just get a new one - no matter what the test reveals. Those tests are not 100%

Archived