CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

speed limited to 90 message

ialicea

Hello I have a 1999 Cadillac Seville STS, I had the right bracket break on the rack in piñon steering.

At the time of the break I saw (speed limited to 90 message)

So I put a used one in that looks very good, And I am getting speed limited to 90 message.

When the old one broke it cut a wire that went to my struct, I have stripped the wire and reconnected them

but I keep getting this message. I pulled some colds

ABS C1252 Left Front Normal Force Malfunction

ABS C1253 Right Front Normal Force Malfunction

ABS C1255

ABC Prom ID 7208

PCM P1652 Powertrain Induced Chassis Pitch Output Circuit

PCM P1611 Loss of CVRTO Serialdata

IPM B1341

I put the description for the ones that I know

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Each of your "C" codes and "P" codes are pointing at the EBTCM (Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module). The EBTCM is located at the bottom left front corner of the powertrain cradle.

That module can fail, but there is a very real possibilty that the connector is damaged/corroded/oxidized. Take the time to eliminate the connector as the source of the problem.

IF you have experienced water pump or water pump cover leaks in the past, or the coolant has been drained by removing hoses, there is a very good chance that (acidic) coolant has been dripping on that connector.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

yep thats the thing the ordinarily exquisite design of our caddies somehow went kinda off with that module placement! my 96 eldorado blew a water pump ..sometime after the change tc0027 left front speed sensor ....as a result no first gear ..a real pain. this was last month yesterday a whole bunch of ebtcm related codes ,so i pulled the connector AND PARTS OF THE MODULE PINS CAME OFF WITH IT ..COMPLETELY CORRODED AWAY..BAD REAL BAD! so check that connector but be VERY CAREFUL RECONNECTED IT CORRECTLY if it leaks bye bye ebtcm!

Thanks for all the info turns out it was a blown fuse.

After the wire was cut on the strut from the rack in Piñon looks like it blew the fuse.

Message is gone now thanks again.

We can close this

Archived