CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

memory personalization

rockfangd

Hi all I could really use some advice.

I have my memory features set up on my 97 Seville and I cannot figure out how to make the exit feature work without having to press the exit button.

I have the entry setup so it sets the features when the key is inserted but nothing happens when I remove the key or anything.

I find it easier to get in and out when the seat is back and down but it doesnt seem right to have to hit the exit button to exit

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

It's a setting in my DIC on my 08. I actually disabled it on mine as it was a half assed exit position (wheel partially up and not retracted). I set my exit position to #2 and hit a button when I get out. Interesting how you can have it go into position upon key insertion. I'd like that. Instead, the 08 goes into position with unlock from the key fobs. Again, I disabled that because I did not want the wheel and seat going into position before entry into the vehicle.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

doesnt make much sense to me to be controlled by the RKE because of the ease of entry and exiting with the exit position

GM FAN FOREVER

I believe that you can set the exit position parameters too. Thus you can make the "no action" by making them the same as the driving positions - which is the default if you never set them for the 1997 model year, as I recall. I don't recall how you set them, but the salesman told me when the car was delivered and he took an half hour or so to explain all the features to me. I think that, while the car was in the entry state (EXIT button pressed with shifter in PARK, or fob just pressed the Unlock button and the key still not inserted or possibly on Accessory or something; check your owner's manual) you set the seat, wheel, and mirrors to what you want for entry and press SET 1 on the armrest. Either it goes into the Entry/Exit positions when you press Unlock on the fob or you press EXIT on the armrest; check your owner's manual. Then you turn the key on and everything goes back to the driving positions. But, I never used that and it's been 14 years now.

Sorry I couldn't be more definitive but I couldn't find anything on the Entry/Exit mode in the 1997 FSM.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Open the door using the #1 key fob. That tells the car to use YOUR memory settings as opposed to #2's fob settings. Set the seats and wheel how you want them for exit then press and hold the exit button until it beeps. Your settings should be stored. Now the car should move to that setting when you shut down or open the door, depending on how you have it set. Your owners manual should explain it.

thats what I am trying to do.

Everything is set already but the only way it works is if I hit the button.

Nothing happens when I open the door or remove the key.

Thats the problem, It seemss kind of pointless to have to hit the exit button to have it work every time

GM FAN FOREVER

cant find the option to check it. ther isnt usually much I cant figure out, but unless I am not doing something right I do not see the option.

GM FAN FOREVER

I have the memory package on my 97 STS - I don't believe you can set the exit button to a specific position. You need to press the exit button while the car is in park for the seat to move to the exit position.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

thats unfortunate. I was afraid of that.

For some reason I thought my 96 ETC went to exit when the key was removed, but maybe it is different

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived