CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: Living with the Cadillac CTS Coupe

I ran by Crest Cadillac in Plano this morning and picked up a 2011 Cadillac CTS Performance Coupe in Crystal Red Tintcoat for a test drive.  I have been focused on the Sedan for my next Cadillac, but I am interested to test my thinking about how well a Coupe might fit instead. Crest Auto [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

i see the lighted yellow airbag warning on dash. our new car has this stupid lighted message on the top of the dash. who the hell cares to be notified? when you are alone, the message says pass air bag off. you have a pass, it says air bag on? what federal sub-congressional team came up with this idea?

It does have that, but I did not find it annoying or distracting. The light is right in the middle of the center console:

Coupe_Console_Scaled.-1024x791.jpg

so it is informational but does not catch my eye when scanning gauges etc.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

i see the lighted yellow airbag warning on dash. our new car has this stupid lighted message on the top of the dash. who the hell cares to be notified? when you are alone, the message says pass air bag off. you have a pass, it says air bag on? what federal sub-congressional team came up with this idea?

My 07 impala and 08 DTS also have airbag on/off indicators but I've never thought much of them other then being informative. When I have one of the kids up front and they don't make the weight, it stays off.

Now I will tell you what I find as annoying Government regulation...TPMS. Awesome feature but making it mandatory means that there is no way to disable it on my Impala that I put 18s on. We have to drive it around with a service message until we go cough up the money for new sensors and installation. I will probably go get them as the benefits outweigh the cost but it annoys me that I must look down at this idiot light because the Government thinks that I need to look at it.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Archived