CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2003 deville climate control

QUOHOG

Folks

My Deville has decided to give me the fan when it feels like it. BCM?? Any ideas????? Also just got a low tire presure alarm for the left rear however when I put 40 lb in ( Thinking Rim Leak ) I get 40 lb in front left.. Alos rotated tires 4 weeks ago during oil change... And if it is a BCM is after market ( USED ) just plug and play???

Thanks

Ed

Folks

My Deville has decided to give me the fan when it feels like it. BCM?? Any ideas????? Also just got a low tire presure alarm for the left rear however when I put 40 lb in ( Thinking Rim Leak ) I get 40 lb in front left.. Alos rotated tires 4 weeks ago during oil change... And if it is a BCM is after market ( USED ) just plug and play???

Thanks

Ed

:welcomesmiley:

Can't help you with the AC fan...

But the tires need the pressure monitors reset.

If you will check your left front...WITH A GAUGE... you will find a low tire.

Anytime the tires are rotated.. the TPMS needs to be reset, so that the car knows which monitor is in which position on the car.

Posted Image

Folks

Thanks

Ed

:welcomesmiley:

Can't help you with the AC fan...

But the tires need the pressure monitors reset.

If you will check your left front...WITH A GAUGE... you will find a low tire.

Anytime the tires are rotated.. the TPMS needs to be reset, so that the car knows which monitor is in which position on the car.

Jim

Thanks first I heard of that.

I may be telling you something you already know...but...

Each tire/wheel is fitted with a pressure monitor that communicates the tire pressure to the car.

All of the pressure monitors are the same... and have to be SET to each of the four tire positions so the car knows which one is sending which signal.

They have to be set in a certain order each time the tires are rotated.

First set the drivers side front.. then the passengers side front, then passengers side rear and last the drivers side rear.

I don't remember the procedure for starting the reset sequence for yours, but when it initiates, the horn will beep TWICE... when you set the drivers side front, it will beep again and so on around the car, till you set the drivers side rear LAST.

The horn will then beep two more times to tell you that you are finished.

Did you rotate the tires yourself or have it done?

If you had it done, the tire shop should have reset them for you.

They have a little handheld tool they use, that only takes them about a minute to reset all 4.

Posted Image

Jim

Thanks first I heard of that.

I may be telling you something you already know...but...

Each tire/wheel is fitted with a pressure monitor that communicates the tire pressure to the car.

All of the pressure monitors are the same... and have to be SET to each of the four tire positions so the car knows which one is sending which signal.

They have to be set in a certain order each time the tires are rotated.

First set the drivers side front.. then the passengers side front, then passengers side rear and last the drivers side rear.

I don't remember the procedure for starting the reset sequence for yours, but when it initiates, the horn will beep TWICE... when you set the drivers side front, it will beep again and so on around the car, till you set the drivers side rear LAST.

The horn will then beep two more times to tell you that you are finished.

Did you rotate the tires yourself or have it done?

If you had it done, the tire shop should have reset them for you.

They have a little handheld tool they use, that only takes them about a minute to reset all 4.

Jim

Thanks for the help and guidance. Just get a call from my mechanic and he had to replace the fan motor and reset the tires. I plan on giving Midas a peice of my mind as they did the rotation with there oil change deal and didn't reset the tires... Thansk Again

Ed

Jim

Thanks for the help and guidance. Just get a call from my mechanic and he had to replace the fan motor and reset the tires. I plan on giving Midas a peice of my mind as they did the rotation with there oil change deal and didn't reset the tires... Thansk Again

Ed

No problem, Ed.

Glad to help...:D

Posted Image

When you reset the tire monitors you simultaneously press the lock and unlock buttons on your key fob. You'll hear 2 horn chirps. Then hold a strong magnet by the tire valves in the order Jim gave you. You;ll hear a horn chirp at each tire when it has reset it's location. 2 chirps after the last one means you are finished.

When you reset the tire monitors you simultaneously press the lock and unlock buttons on your key fob. You'll hear 2 horn chirps. Then hold a strong magnet by the tire valves in the order Jim gave you. You;ll hear a horn chirp at each tire when it has reset it's location. 2 chirps after the last one means you are finished.

chirping is sooooo 90s. When are we going to advance in this area and have a womans voice tell us "the tire monitors are reset, enjoy your cadillac" :)

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

chirping is sooooo 90s. When are we going to advance in this area and have a womans voice tell us "the tire monitors are reset, enjoy your cadillac" :)

Hmmm...wonder if I could hack into the NAV system and get it to tell me that??? :P

Posted Image

Archived