CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Chrome details Eldorado -00

Seen many Eldo´s whit fenderchrome (on the wheelarches). Don´t know if it´s original or not. My ESC does not have it but I think it goes well with the all black exterior. Don´t know the correct name for this but I hope You understand anyway!? Need to find a dealer that will ship to Sweden.

Seen many Eldo´s whit fenderchrome (on the wheelarches). Don´t know if it´s original or not. My ESC does not have it but I think it goes well with the all black exterior. Don´t know the correct name for this but I hope You understand anyway!? Need to find a dealer that will ship to Sweden.

its called chrome fender trim. Try here

http://www.jcwhitney.com/polished-stainless-steel-fender-trim/p2009876.jcwx?filterid=c15d221y2000j1

if they wont ship just search for chrome fender trim

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Thnx! Not really impressed by their reviews..... I´ll try searching!

that company has been around forever. Ive bought those trims for a couple different vehicles and since its stainless it never rusts. Any other company will probably sell the exact same kit. Maybe try ebay or amazon also. But there is nothing wrong with JC whitney and the trim is good quality

I believe that they are adhesive backed.

Am I that aged? I remember calling them "Wheel well molding".

*Shrugs*

Yep .. you are that old... :) :)

Welcome to the club... (I am probably the oldest one on here...or close to it..) :)

I always called them wheel well moldings also...

Posted Image

Molding is trim, trim is molding :)

the moldings are more like the original trim, the thin strip cars come with. Fender trim like the stuff I posted has been around 20 years or so in the aftermarket and is screw on. The holes drilled are on the lip of the fender so even if you remove them you wont see the holes. There is a rubber trim along them so they do not scratch your paint also.

If you dont like the thicker look of that trim then you can buy strips of flexible plastic chrome molding and stick it on your fenders around the edge for easily under $50.

Edited by CoupeDTS

I believe the fender well mouldings you are talking about screw into your factory fender well moulding holes, just remove the factory ones and install the chrome ones. I had a 1994 Eldorado and that was how easy it was with it.

Molding is trim, trim is molding :)

the moldings are more like the original trim, the thin strip cars come with. Fender trim like the stuff I posted has been around 20 years or so in the aftermarket and is screw on. The holes drilled are on the lip of the fender so even if you remove them you wont see the holes. There is a rubber trim along them so they do not scratch your paint also.

If you dont like the thicker look of that trim then you can buy strips of flexible plastic chrome molding and stick it on your fenders around the edge for easily under $50.

You are probably quite right. When I was growing up I don't know that there was anything other then what came from the factory...Oh the days of limited accessorising... :)

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

• 2 weeks later...

lol reminds me people ask me if the panels at the rear wheels are removable to change the tires on my 96 Deville. I laugh. havent done one of those in a long time. I do like that feature of the 96 and its too bad they did away with it in 97

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

lol reminds me people ask me if the panels at the rear wheels are removable to change the tires on my 96 Deville. I laugh. havent done one of those in a long time. I do like that feature of the 96 and its too bad they did away with it in 97

school me on the 94-96 deville quarters. I see most of them have the horizontal top edge of the wheel well at the belt line. But Ive seen just a few that there is a little bit of painted body below that trim that looks like a removable skirt. My fleetwood has the removable skirts. Is the few devilles Ive seen have removable skirts and the majority Ive seen do not?

the 94-96 have level quarters that cover part of the rear tire and top of the rims. non removable, just have to jack up the rear a little higher to clear. I will post a pic. I personally love the touch and dont much care for the 97 style as it isnt different

post-12985-13026710998_thumb.jpg

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile