CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1996 Deville starting issues

I have a 1996 Deville. It seems that on cold days the car will start and shut off after running for a second or two. It will do this several times. Usually when it does this the IPC goes black. The last time it did it I called a tow truck and had it delivered to the local dealership. By the time the tow truck came (60 min) I went out and the car started and ran with no issues. The dealership says they found a mouse nest under the dash and some chewed wires. They wanted to replace the whole wiring harness from the front of the car to the dash. I declined and took it to a small shop.

The battery and alternator have been tested and they are both good.

The shop says all signs point to the IPC being bad. They had the car for a week and a half before it would duplicate the issue again. Mechanic says he has checked all grounds, cleaned connections, etc.

I took an IPC out of another Deville today (not fun) and plan to drop it off in the next few days. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

sounds about right, im having starting problems with my 97, but if they found mice you should've let them do it unless ur an electrican. when they perform a job and you still have problems you can take it back right. but if you do it, you could miss something and an engine fire can happen. two things i dont play with fire and electricity.

Archived