CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

window regulator probs

Well,it happened today,tried to lower the window and it went down but wouldn't come back up. Guess I need to tear the front pass side open and see what is the problem. I'm guessing it's the window regulator that everybody has to replace. Is there any difference in quality of parts? AC Delco any better than the rest,or are they all the same poor design? Will follow the PDF replacement guide listed here. Any tips on getting the middle door clips off? Also how to take the door lock square thingy off the top of the upper panel? Any and all suggestions appreciated! Best place to order parts?

Ive heard the cheapo ebay ones are junk. Made of cheap materials compared to the expensive ones. Check rockauto.com for parts.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

See the gray panel in front of the door handle. Remove it. It's just velcro'd on. Remove the screw you now see. Pop all the plastic perimeter rivets. A door panel tool will aid in preventing you from damaging them and being able to reuse them. Then lift the panel off, NO NOT pull it off.

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/aes-7222.html

I cant even explain these regulators. I have done many on the 2001-2003. amongs many others, they always seem to fail the same. There is a part pressed onto the cable part of the regulator and it is locked in place by 2 chintsy metal tabs, oe on the top side, and one on the bottom and is surrounded by plastic. The lower tab always bends and breaks the plastic. I have bent the tab back but is an extremely temporary fix. Do not recommend cheap ones unless you lie looking at the inside of the doors alot. Now maybe it is just me but I have been noticing a bit of the 2000s the tracks are rotting, and I am thinking this is expanding the rubber in the tracks and putting extra stress on the regulators. I should take more pictures lol

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

There is a repair procedure that only involves 2 cotter pins. I think it is listed in the Tech Tips section over at cadillacforums.com.

That is the one I did on my father-in-laws 04 Deville. Very inexpensive fix and not too hard either. Be careful of the cheap plastic in the door panel. Check that forum thread out.

Archived