CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I have done a tune up with plugs wires etc. When the car is first strated it chugs for 30 seconds or less. Then runs great but when I am at 55 and slow down to about 40 and apply gas it chubs till I get the RPMS up. Seems like a vacuum issue but cannot find any good info on vacuums. I also was working on the throttle body and there are two vacuum lines into the back side of the ICSM. One is large and the other is small with a hard plastic line which I broke. I do not know where this line goes or what it is for so any help would be great. I would love to see some images but it have been hard to find anything.

sounds like the lockup on the torque converter isnt engaging or disengaging properly. If while engaged you hit the gas and it chugs then its not disengaging like its supposed to. And if you are slowing down and its chugging then its not disengaging. Could be sticking. Maybe a fluid change would help. Or a new lockup solenoid for sure. Not saying that is definately your problem but that is a symptom of the problems you are having.

Of course fix all vacuum lines and leaks.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Plug wires are all good, working on the vacuums, found one bad line but it is really hard to find a diagram or list with all the vacuums this engine has. Any references you might have to help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Archived