CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 Cadillac Deville problems

I hope someone can help me. I have pulled the diagnostic codes from my 2001 Caddy Deville and am recieving these codes, BC 0658 H and when I pulled the codes the panel read "No abs, No amps, no dds, etc. Does this mean I need these things or I have no problem with these things. The car runs fine but, I'm not sure if I need to deal with this issue or not. I took it to a mechanic and he said I needed a new cat. converter, I do think I do, black soot in the exhaust pipes and running a little rough not much. Help. P.S How can you tell if I need 1 or 2 cats?

C0658 - Level Control Compressor Circuit High

there is no B0658

it shouldnt say BC. The H is for history which means it happened sometime in the past 100 starts or something like that. I dont think that code is an issue. When it says No ABS that means there are no codes.

Mechanics will tell you that you need all kinds of things. But before you went in there you didnt think you needed anything. They find easy repairs that they can make the most money on. They turn in old catalytic converters to scrap yards and make more than they make off you for the repair. Exhaust should be black. If the exhaust smells particularly bad like rotten eggs or something then maybe you need a new cat. But your o2 sensors will also hint that your cat isnt working. If your car runs fine just leave it alone :)

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

there is no B0658

it shouldnt say BC. The H is for history which means it happened sometime in the past 100 starts or something like that. I dont think that code is an issue. When it says No ABS that means there are no codes.

Mechanics will tell you that you need all kinds of things. But before you went in there you didnt think you needed anything. They find easy repairs that they can make the most money on. They turn in old catalytic converters to scrap yards and make more than they make off you for the repair. Exhaust should be black. If the exhaust smells particularly bad like rotten eggs or something then maybe you need a new cat. But your o2 sensors will also hint that your cat isnt working. If your car runs fine just leave it alone :)

I'm sorry, I meant B1586 -C and IPM 0429-C, And yes, I'm sure with a lady searching for help with a vehicle they see us as a target. No there is no smell coming from the exhaust pipes. I did read on a post something that is a concerning issue with my car, a very loud siren, whistle noise it makes sometimes when I start the car, last about a minute or until the engine stops or settles, to an idle. It mentioned it may be a gasket lesk to do with the circular manifold pressure relief valve on RH side of the intake manifold directly inboard of th power steering pump pulley. I just wonder what that would cost me? I love this forum, Thanks guys.

there is no B0658

I'm sorry, I meant B1586 -C and IPM 0429-C, And yes, I'm sure with a lady searching for help with a vehicle they see us as a target. No there is no smell coming from the exhaust pipes. I did read on a post something that is a concerning issue with my car, a very loud siren, whistle noise it makes sometimes when I start the car, last about a minute or until the engine stops or settles, to an idle. It mentioned it may be a gasket lesk to do with the circular manifold pressure relief valve on RH side of the intake manifold directly inboard of th power steering pump pulley. I just wonder what that would cost me? I love this forum, Thanks guys.

0429 is something almost everyone has. Its a climate control thing that isnt broke and doesnt need fixed.

If you turn your car on and there is a loud vacuum noise that is the air pump. Some cars had them some dont. Or maybe some cars have 1 and some have 2. My friends 2000 deville had one on top the engine in the back but my 2000 didnt, and his made the vacuum sound for a minute. It didnt hurt anything but I believe he took it somewhere and paid a couple hundred bucks and had it fixed. I really cant say if it was even broke but they claimed to have fixed something. I would research air pumps on northstars and see if you think you have an issue or not.

BTW every girl I know gets targeted heavily by shops. It sickens me. I tell all of them to ask what the problem is then come tell me and I will ok it or not. Ive heard some whoppers they tell girls. I honestly couldnt be that slimey as a repair guy. But I guess if they can live with it and it pays their bills and there are enough suckers out there then Ill just help out those close to me.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

A bad AIR pump sounds more like a vacuum or jet engine as mentioned. A whistle is more likely a vacuum leak. That said, the over pressure relief valve on the 2000+ engines is no longer on the passengers side behind the P/S pump. It is under the TB on the drivers side. I have not heard of one of those sticking.......yet.

The plenum (rubber coupler between the TB and the manifold) is known to rip and leak on the 2000+ engine, but I've never heard of one leaking so bad as to cause a whistle. It will usually trip the SES light and set lean fuel trim codes P0171 & P0174.

B1586 - Mirror Horiz. Pos Sensor-Out of Range/Open

That's odd, because I have no trouble with my mirrors, now the left rear window fell the other day and the charge for fixing it is 450.00 just outrageous, there is 1 place will do it for 200.00. There is alot of little issues that these cars foul up on and they cost sooooo much to fix. UGH!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I am back, and I have taken my car to a muffler shop and they said the problem is that there is a air line suspension ride pin hole in a line under the rear left area. It will cost 450.00 to get the pin hole replaced not fixed they have to put another air line. Thats what the whislte is. I hope its the truth.

STOP - go to the dealer - they sell a line splice that is exactly for your type of application for less than $5.00. It consists of a compression fitting - you cut out the bad area of the air line and install the splice. There is no need to replace the entire line.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I replaced my entire line, it cost $20 and I layed on my back, on a lift its a cake walk

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I am back, and I have taken my car to a muffler shop and they said the problem is that there is a air line suspension ride pin hole in a line under the rear left area. It will cost 450.00 to get the pin hole replaced not fixed they have to put another air line. Thats what the whislte is. I hope its the truth.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news and I truly hope you have not given them the car for repair yet. There is now way your symptoms (from this and your other post) are from a pin hole in the rear level control air line. Can you say "stick'em up"? You are getting bent over..... big time. Get a second opinion or ask for a written guarantee that if after spending $450 on a replacement line, the problem is not solved, they will refund your money. I'll bet they won't give you one.

STOP - go to the dealer - they sell a line splice that is exactly for your type of application for less than $5.00. It consists of a compression fitting - you cut out the bad area of the air line and install the splice. There is no need to replace the entire line.

Well, I know that some of the symptoms of my car problems are it has a hard time on the highway getting over 66 mph, and I know its not the cat converter I had it checked out. I do know that the whistling gearing noise that lasts about 1-2 minutes and stops after the car stops idleing is still occuring. Well, I guess I'm back to step 1. They said that the air bag system had something to do with it. I do hear the pump out of sequence from time to time. 2001 Cadillac Deville. And it really vibrates when getting to 66 mph, I have to slow it down so it gets its momentum back then it runs 66 again.

Well, I will take a look at that in the morning, the noise only does it for about 45 sec. and then stops when the engine settles, regardless if I shift into gear or not.

That sounds like it might be the engine air pump...

Part of the emissions system...

Posted Image

Archived