CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Solution to surging and stalling

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions. Code PO41 is definitely the cam sensor inside the distributor. Note:typical distributor wrenches 9/16 and 1/2 you can buy anywhere, will not work. Cadillac from 1982 and up decided to go with a 15mm wrench that only Snap On sells for $60. With a little patience, 15mm standard wrench will work along with a magnet retriever.

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions. Code PO41 is definitely the cam sensor inside the distributor. Note:typical distributor wrenches 9/16 and 1/2 you can buy anywhere, will not work. Cadillac from 1982 and up decided to go with a 15mm wrench that only Snap On sells for $60. With a little patience, 15mm standard wrench will work along with a magnet retriever.

I think I got mine from jegs or ebay for $15. Of course just used it once and was done with it. I sold it to another desperate soul that needed it for his distributor. No need to buy name brand for a one time use tool like that! After seeing the tool I could have bought a cheapy and bent it in that shape as well

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Before I'd pay $60.00 for a distributor wrench, I'd buy a 15mm box wrench and heat it with a torch and bend it and then weld a piece of bar stock to it to extend it.

Edited by KHE

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71