CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Dress up items for 2002 Deville

Hi folks! Would love to know some good places to purchase items such as wood dask kits, chrome moldings, new style grill, etc. I'm not looking to pimp the car just update it a little and maintain the Caddy elegance.

Your thoughts and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all!

Hi folks! Would love to know some good places to purchase items such as wood dask kits, chrome moldings, new style grill, etc. I'm not looking to pimp the car just update it a little and maintain the Caddy elegance.

Your thoughts and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all!

I put the special edition grille on my 00 DTS and some chrome door handle covers along with a chrome reverse light panel from a base deville. I dont like the cheap rocker panels or the B pillar chrome or chrome door trim. Just a little bit of chrome on these cars looks good. Door handles kits are as cheap as $40 on ebay and they have a selection of different grilles you can buy. But beware you will have to paint the surround of the grille when you buy one.

10003772vu1.jpg

1000426xg7.jpg

Even without the 22" wheels the chrome looked good with the stock chrome wheels too. Its all in what you like though.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Thank you! Your car is beautiful. I agree that a little does a lot. What are the dtails on your rims? As far as the rocker panels go do you mean the lighted ones that say Cadillac when the doors are opened? i kind of liked that idea but if they are cheap looking I'll pass! Oh the paint thing. Necessary evil I guess!

Thanks again.

I had the gray looking phony looking chrome grill on mine painted to match the car color...

Some people may not like it that way ... but I do.

I hated the cheap looking grill that was in it.

My signature pic is the gray/chrome grill...

This pic is after I had it color matched to the car...

P7160020.jpg

Posted Image

Thank you! Your car is beautiful. I agree that a little does a lot. What are the dtails on your rims? As far as the rocker panels go do you mean the lighted ones that say Cadillac when the doors are opened? i kind of liked that idea but if they are cheap looking I'll pass! Oh the paint thing. Necessary evil I guess!

Thanks again.

rocker panels are on the outside of the car at the bottom of the doors and the strip of body below the doors. Up until the mid 90s they used to use stainless for snap on rockers but now you can only get stick on ones, of course they look cheap and unnecessary on new cars.

My wheels were 22" but I would not recommend them. 20" would be the max to keep your speedometer correct and no rubbing or dents in the wheels from potholes. 18s would be even more safer from potholes and more tire for a better ride.

Thanks and I agee on the size thing. I plan on staying with the factory size. can you give me any info on your rims as far as brand and whether or not you bought them online.

They are really sharp and I haven't seen any quite like them. Thanks for taking the time to reply. This site is really great!

Thanks and I agee on the size thing. I plan on staying with the factory size. can you give me any info on your rims as far as brand and whether or not you bought them online.

They are really sharp and I haven't seen any quite like them. Thanks for taking the time to reply. This site is really great!

My particular rims were Pinnacle Shields. I bought them from wayneswheels2000.com they had the best prices I could find and they spoke good english so it was a good experience. Cost at the time was about $1700. Ebay has some great prices on wheels and tires if you buy them separate. I personally think a big cadillac looks best with wheels like these and that show alot of wheel. A wheel with only 5 spokes where you can see through the wheel seem like sports car wheels to me. Big cars look good with a full wheel. And cadillac agrees because you see the stock wheels usually only have small slits in them at most.

My particular rims were Pinnacle Shields. I bought them from wayneswheels2000.com they had the best prices I could find and they spoke good english so it was a good experience. Cost at the time was about $1700. Ebay has some great prices on wheels and tires if you buy them separate. I personally think a big cadillac looks best with wheels like these and that show alot of wheel. A wheel with only 5 spokes where you can see through the wheel seem like sports car wheels to me. Big cars look good with a full wheel. And cadillac agrees because you see the stock wheels usually only have small slits in them at most.

Thanks for the info! I agree totally with you. A Caddy requires things that adhere to the overall elegance of the vehicle. i will check out the tips you gave me. I rely on advice from folks like you especially since there really aren't any places in my area that you can actually shop for some of the items I'd like to purchase for my car. My big purchase is going to be having my interior "buggy tuffted". I love that look on leather. I'm sure that is going cost a buck or two but I'm going to get a real thrill out of that upgrade! Thanks again Enthusiast!

Thanks for the info! I agree totally with you. A Caddy requires things that adhere to the overall elegance of the vehicle. i will check out the tips you gave me. I rely on advice from folks like you especially since there really aren't any places in my area that you can actually shop for some of the items I'd like to purchase for my car. My big purchase is going to be having my interior "buggy tuffted". I love that look on leather. I'm sure that is going cost a buck or two but I'm going to get a real thrill out of that upgrade! Thanks again Enthusiast!

4654959289_9b2e213ea2_b.jpg

richcad17.jpg

85coupe17.jpg

DSCF4650.JPG

you are wanting pillow tops like this in your newer deville? That will be unique!

i had to google the term. Ive never heard it called that before. But like I said, that would definately look different in a newer deville! Good luck and post pics when you do it!

i had to google the term. Ive never heard it called that before. But like I said, that would definately look different in a newer deville! Good luck and post pics when you do it!

Will do and thanks again!!

• 1 year later...

I had the gray looking phony looking chrome grill on mine painted to match the car color...

P7160020.jpg

I really like your idea of painting the grill Diamond White, to match the color of the car. I need some body work done. My insurance co. is covering a comprehensive claim. I'll inquire about the additional cost to paint the grill on my wife's 2000 DeVille while they have the car in their shop. I would also want to consider installing the Cadillac Crest on the grill as you have done. Your car looks great! I did have chrome fender well strips installed in Laurel, MD. on her car, and they look great. Not too much chrome, just enough. They are about 2" wide. I'd like to include pics, just don't know how to do that on here.

I really like your idea of painting the grill Diamond White, to match the color of the car. I need some body work done. My insurance co. is covering a comprehensive claim. I'll inquire about the additional cost to paint the grill on my wife's 2000 DeVille while they have the car in their shop. I would also want to consider installing the Cadillac Crest on the grill as you have done. Your car looks great! I did have chrome fender well strips installed in Laurel, MD. on her car, and they look great. Not too much chrome, just enough. They are about 2" wide. I'd like to include pics, just don't know how to do that on here.

The easiest way to post pics is upload them to photobucket and then just link to them.

That's what I do.

If you need help with photobucket... just ask...

Posted Image

the pillow style seats were extremely common in the 80s and early 90s on higher end models, GM and chrysler. Very soft and you sink right in.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

the pillow style seats were extremely common in the 80s and early 90s on higher end models, GM and chrysler. Very soft and you sink right in.

I had the pillow top seats in my 1984 Fleetwood Brougham de'Elegence and in my '78 Eldorado Biarritz...

I loved those seats... :)

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

P7160020.jpg

Hey Texas Jim,

I found the Photobucket you referred me to, and uploaded a pic of my wife's 2000 Diamond White DeVille. Now, I'm not sure how to insert the pict into this post?

Steve M.

Archived