CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

i was going to do a tune up on my 96 deville. what parts would you suggest. i was going to clean the egr, replace wires,fuel filter,air filter. plugs only have 47000 on them. was going to flush the coolant as well,whats the best procedure to do this. anything else im forgetting? going to order from rock auto.cant beat the prices

clean the MAF and throttle body butterfly. PCV valve. Check over all vacuum lines and if any are questionable replace them. Could run seafoam through the vacuum into the intake, I like to do this on older cars it clears out alot of carbon.

The radiator flush maybe someone can enlighten you on. I know on my older cars with green coolant I buy the small jug of super flush and it has instructions on it on how to perform the flush. usually involves using the flush and water in the system and letting heat up. But that stuff might only be for green coolant cars.

ROCKAUTO is the best!! look for specials, I like to buy things that are dirt cheap "just cuz" :) use the discount in the general forum when you order and if you order alot it usually will equal free shipping!! I have some newer codes if the ones there are no good.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

If you still have the OEM sparkplugs you really don't need to change them; they are good for 100,000. You mentioned wires but I wasn't sure whether you were going to do the plugs or not.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived