CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I'm not really sure I guess. I'd love to break over the 300hp mark. Money is kind of irrelevant in the grand scheme. Cost just makes a difference between purchasing something tomorrow or purchasing it later in the year. Now of course I won't drop $10k on this.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

How much do you want to spend? How fast do you want to go?

Honestly I don't go over the speed limit...But I like getting to the speed limit quickly.

Any suggestions on an exhaust?

Edited by Jeff Gray
Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I loved the Edelbrock exhaust on my 96 STS w/Northstar; it made some noise but it had a terrific sound. http://www.caddyinfo.com/exhausttest.htm

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

What about items on this page? http://www.engineperformancechip.com/cadillac-performance-chip-cadillac-dts-2006-2008-c-5_149

I am eye balling things like the ECM altering devices and the turbo.

I am also interested in the exhaust as soon as I can find a setup.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I am not clear on what they are selling there. Generally the claims seem in my opinion too good to be true.

I am concerned that the 'ECM' is simply an expensive resister that is eliminating the intake air sensor from the circuit. The things they claim the ECM does are what your stock ECM also does.

The Turbo kit should state an engine capacity for which it is designed, and it should state number of hours required for installation. I do agree with the note that use of this type of kit would require a specific PCM calibration; unfortunately they don't offer that. In fact, if their ECM really did what they claim it seems to me that they would offer this.

But, I am always open to new things, so if you want to spend some money and test these parts out please do and let us know the details of how it goes. Please take lots of pictures, and start with a chassis dyno test of your car before any changes so we have a good baseline.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Jeff,

The ECM and the TCM can be TUNED by either EFI Live of HP Tuners.

I had mine tuned by a pro right after I bought it.

Per Bruce's instrumentation.. mine is now over 300 HP.

I feel that it made it a lot more RESPONSIVE and fun to drive.

It eliminates the PAUSE between shifts at WOT and you can change the shift point and the shift firmness, if you so desire.

It is not so LAID BACK and CASUAL any more. it has a LETS GO and GET R DONE attitude now.

I like it that way... :)

Posted Image