CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

IPC05 override for coolant temp in DIC

The_Raven

Howyadoin,

I was reading the archived writeup on this override Bruce and others have done, and was wondering if this was applicable to the '96 SLS as well? I always had my coolant temp running in the DIC on my '93 STS, and wasn't happy it wasn't available in my '96. Needless to say, I approach override programming very cautiously, so I thought I'd check in before I ask HAL to open the pod bay door, as it were...

Here's the info from the archive:

http://caddysearch.netgetgoing.com/mbarchi...d=caddymb-11355

I'm curious why you'd add 68 to the existing 47 according to this procedure. Shouldn't 64 be the value to add? Are we throwing in MPH as a special bonus?

Thanks as always!

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

I would say so -- that they're throwing in MPH. Here's what your option E values are:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=179

That SHOULD work for a '96 also, but I wouldn't guarantee anything. That information was straight from my '97 chassis service manual. Anyone with a '96 service manual care to verify this for a '96 model also?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Yes, that's correct, 127 for all the data, on an analog IPC. Again, this info is for the '97 MY. A '96 is probably the same, but I don't know for sure.

Yes, that's correct, 127 for all the data, on an analog IPC.  Again, this info is for the '97 MY.  A '96 is probably the same, but I don't know for sure.

I've got a 97 STS so I would think it would be the same as yours.

It does have an analog IPC except for the messages and mileage stuff, correct?? BTW is the MY the body style?

Thanks

Dennis

Dennis

Yes, analog. Versus the IPCs in Devilles with the digital speed readout. Sorry, MY = Model Year. ;)

Yes, analog. Versus the IPCs in Devilles with the digital speed readout. Sorry, MY = Model Year. ;)

I thought I was missing out on something...... :huh: duh..... What is our platform considered?? I've only had the car a little over a month so bear with me while I catch up on the lingo here..

Dennis

Dennis

What is our platform considered??

The 92-97 Seville/Eldorado is on the E chassis. The 94-99 Deville was on the K chassis, which is basically a stretched version of the E chassis, and we refer to this body in general as the E/K chassis. The service manuals during this era combine the E and K chassis together. The E/K chassis is exclusive to Cadillac.

The Eldorado kept with the E chassis until that line ended in MY 2002. The Deville kept the K chassis until it got redesigned for the 2000 MY. I'm not sure what chassis it went to in MY 00. The Seville went to the G chassis for MY 1998 (this may be what the Deville went to in '00 also). The G chassis started life as a Buick Riviera and Oldsmobile Aurora in the mid 1990s.

When you think about it, the Eldorado had an incredibly long production run starting loosely in 1992 (I think there were some fundamental suspension changes in 1993). For a chassis designed in the late '80s or early '90s probably, it really sustained well, all the way into 2002, when the Eldorado was still considered an excellent personal luxury coupe.

1992 Eldorado owners: I understand the 1992 Seville had a transverse rear leaf spring, and went to a pair of coil springs for MY 1993. Is this the case with the Eldorado as well? Does the '92 Eldo have a single transverse leaf in the rear?

Yes, that's correct, 127 for all the data, on an analog IPC. Again, this info is for the '97 MY. A '96 is probably the same, but I don't know for sure.

I put a 127 in there but it only added the coolant temp. I was setting still but I figured it should have shown the RPM. Did I miss something? :unsure:

Dennis

Dennis

1992 Eldorado owners: I understand the 1992 Seville had a transverse rear leaf spring, and went to a pair of coil springs for MY 1993. Is this the case with the Eldorado as well? Does the '92 Eldo have a single transverse leaf in the rear?

I'm pretty sure the Eldo and Seville evolved on the same schedule... therefore, both got the Short-Long Arm (SLA) independent rear suspension with coils in '93. I guess the transverse leaf was only used in '92.

Anyone know different?

The 92-97 Seville/Eldorado is on the E chassis. The 94-99 Deville was on the K chassis, which is basically a stretched version of the E chassis, and we refer to this body in general as the E/K chassis.

Actually, the FWD Eldorado was built on the E-platform; the Seville has always been a K-car, a Cadillac exclusive. The Buick Riviera and Oldsmobile Toronado shared the E-platform for many years. Starting in 1994, the DeVille was built on a modified Seville platform, known as the K-Special (to this day). The new for 1998 Seville is somewhat of a second generation G-car, but it was unique enough to be a "K".

The transverse leaf spring E/K cars were introduced for the 1986 model year.

Howyadoin,

Based on what I read in the archives, the RPM will not appear with an analog cluster, only with the digital.

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

Actually, the FWD Eldorado was built on the E-platform; the Seville has always been a K-car, a Cadillac exclusive. The Buick Riviera and Oldsmobile Toronado shared the E-platform for many years. Starting in 1994, the DeVille was built on a modified Seville platform, known as the K-Special (to this day). The new for 1998 Seville is somewhat of a second generation G-car, but it was unique enough to be a "K".

The transverse leaf spring E/K cars were introduced for the 1986 model year.

Kevin, thanks for the correction. I didn't know the Seville was actually on the K platform. I also didn't know they "renamed" the G to K for the '98 MY Seville. I also didn't know the transverse rear leaf spring cars dated back to 1986. I guess I thought they had struts or coils in the rear.

Thanks again!

Archived