CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2010 SRX setting clock & radio auto-on

I have a new 2010 SRX. I have read the manual on how to reset the digital clock. I tried several times to do so, but, when the car is restarted the clock goes back to old time. Now, the manual uses a screen button (back) which I do not have. When I push 'config', there is a screen button 'time'. Pushing that I get the clock settings to reset. So, I reset them and pushed menu just like the manual says. NADA!! How do you do this?

Also, my radio never came 'on' when the car was started, now it does. Very frustrating. What's the fix for that?

Thank you for advice.

I think the part that is going wrong is after you set the time; you should get a confirmation that the time has been reset.

Setting the Time and Date

1. Press the CONFIG button.

2. Select Time and Date Settings.

3. Select Set Time or Set Date.

4. Turn the MENU/SELECT knob to adjust the highlighted value.

5. Press the MENU/SELECT knob to select the next value

6. To save the time or date and return to the Time and Date Settings menu, press the BACK button at any time or press the MENU/SELECT knob after adjusting the minutes or year

When it says menu/select knob are you pushing a knob (on my car that is the right side knob on the radio),and not the menu button?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I think the part that is going wrong is after you set the time; you should get a confirmation that the time has been reset.

Setting the Time and Date

1. Press the CONFIG button.

2. Select Time and Date Settings.

3. Select Set Time or Set Date.

4. Turn the MENU/SELECT knob to adjust the highlighted value.

5. Press the MENU/SELECT knob to select the next value

6. To save the time or date and return to the Time and Date Settings menu, press the BACK button at any time or press the MENU/SELECT knob after adjusting the minutes or year

When it says menu/select knob are you pushing a knob (on my car that is the right side knob on the radio),and not the menu button?

Thanks Bruce, I will try that. My manual is so different from my dash configuration that it can be real confusing at times. Now, about that auto-on radio? I don't want it coming on when I start the car.

My sense from reading the manual is that this might be a setting in the menu selections, but it is not specifically discussed. I don't have an SRX handy to practice with and see what needs to be jiggled.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived